mint N15 - rally edition.

anybody got any clues why that engine uses 8 injectors, if its about shear fuel volume delivery, why didnt they shove huge injectors in?

cov_racer said:
anybody got any clues why that engine uses 8 injectors, if its about shear fuel volume delivery, why didnt they shove huge injectors in?

They use 2 injectors pre pot for more control on the fueling.
I run 8 440cc on my but at idle only 4 work as it would over fuel and flood up. Once reving around 4100 rpm to 8500 rpm all 8 are working.
If this had just 4 big injectors it would just bog down. Also the length of the trumpet on the trottle body matters as this changes the air flow in and the breathing of the air system.

Tech1_uk said:
They use 2 injectors pre pot for more control on the fueling.
I run 8 440cc on my but at idle only 4 work as it would over fuel and flood up. Once reving around 4100 rpm to 8500 rpm all 8 are working.
If this had just 4 big injectors it would just bog down. Also the length of the trumpet on the trottle body matters as this changes the air flow in and the breathing of the air system.

You really need to get some pics and specs of your car up instead of releasing little bits of information at a time :D From what i've gathered so far, i know you're running throttle bodies, a dry sump setup and 8 injectors. Would love to know the full spec!

I was reading a thread about fuel injectors on a 205 forum yesterday, and the general concensus was that 8 smaller injectors are far superior to 4 big ones. At low RPM the squirt interval is shorter, and a bigger injector, running a lower flow capacity, can be difficult to control accurately leading to dribble problems etc. with 8 smaller injectors, 4 can be shut off at idle to avoid this problem.

There was loads of info on it, but I can't find the topic on there so can't copy/paste any of it (what I posted is from memory).

Hally said:
You really need to get some pics and specs of your car up instead of releasing little bits of information at a time :D From what i've gathered so far, i know you're running throttle bodies, a dry sump setup and 8 injectors. Would love to know the full spec!

I get enough PM's atm without ppl pm'in me about the spec of the car.
Maybe one day if I ever finish it all :rolleyes:

Well stick it in the Members lounge instead of members rides and then you shouldn't get loads of PM's about it.

You know you want to ;)

Back
Top Bottom