Misfueling

(feel free to move to the "Numpty thread" section)

Just putting my mind at rest really, in that I haven't knackered my 'Mera.
Last night my flat-mate accidentally put 7ltres of premium unleaded in the (almost empty) fuel-tank. I immediately spotted what he'd done and before turning over the engine, I pushed the car forward to the next pump and put in another 30ltres of derv.

I then carefully drove the 15 miles home where I filled the tank up to the brim, with a gerry-can of derv waiting at home. (@V-SpecII , your suspicions from our P.M.'s can hereby be confirmed! guilty as charged. lol)

Ok, I've always been under the impression that a 3:1 mix of derv:petrol was nothing too major but have been reading shedloads of horror stories on the web.

WHat I can do (have access to here at home) is some 2-stroke engine oil AND some kero-heating oil. should I be adding any of this? I can always go and get some redex (yes, I know Forte would be better but all the auto factors are 30 odd miles away).

So. following the tl:dr bit, questions is :-

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

chears in advance all.

Last edited:
That was my kinda thinking. I always throw in a splash, at winter to help them start.

On my two previous Rover400 Oil-burners (literally - Straight Veg Oil) I'd thin it down about 19:1 (veg:4*)

Chears for clarifying that I've not knackered the pumps or injectors or anything.

Back
Top Bottom