My Autech project

As some of you may know I bought an Autech Pulsar back in December 2011

I couldn't keep it because of major rust issues. This being the worst...

So I decided I would try and find a decent shell to swap everything over. Few months later I ended up buying this PH1 Si...

I swapped everything over including the interior loom

However as some may remember it didnt go well as the engine started knocking straight away.

To this day I still don't know what caused it. I lost interest in the project and left it parked up for almost a year. My brothers were planing on putting a standard gti engine in and later turbo it up. They actually bought a gti and a few turbo bits lol.

But a few months ago Stu-E advertised his gti up for sale and I just couldn't resist...

Attempt 2!

This time I decided I would take my time and tidy things up

Slowly put the interior back in

The temporary look...

Its taken AGES to get to this stage but hopefully worth it.

I've had a couple of minor bugs with it. First being the car was not receiving power due to a faulty ignition barrel. Once that was fixed it was then struggling to start, running very rich, engine management light on and idle was at 2k rpm. I think its someone got to do with either the gti maf or the nistune. Ive put my other standard autech ecu in with the autech maf and its now running fine.

The next stage is to put it on the road and see what else needs doing after a good long test drive.

Last stage is the Autech kit, I'm not in a rush to put that on as it needs some repairs.

I'll try update as I go along now but because I struggle for time the updates may take a while lol.

Looking great and with it being a UK shell you get to put the nice half leathers in that used to be in my first GTI. Definitely wants the kit on!

I think the best bit about being a PH1 SI is the sunroof!

The kit is deffo going on but not anytime soon

Loving the work you're putting in this second time round, and the autech look rules all n15's I'm afraid but haters gonna hate :)
I've got a stack off stuff to do to mine but no real time to do it, rob keeps asking every so often have I stuck the vzr interior yet with a reply of nope lol, I need to pull my finger out like.
Keep up the good work fella don't rush it :)

Loving the work you're putting in this second time round, and the autech look rules all n15's I'm afraid but haters gonna hate :)
I've got a stack off stuff to do to mine but no real time to do it, rob keeps asking every so often have I stuck the vzr interior yet with a reply of nope lol, I need to pull my finger out like.
Keep up the good work fella don't rush it :)

Ive not got much more to do. Im going to try and keep it simple. Simple performance mods and suttle cosmetic improvements. Ill leave the rest to my brother.

Some nice work there mate. I'm a little confused though. What is left of the Autec? The shell is different I know but was it the Autec motor that was knocking?

Some nice work there mate. I'm a little confused though. What is left of the Autec? The shell is different I know but was it the Autec motor that was knocking?

Everything except the shell and the rear beam for now. The first autech engine started knocking so I ended up replacing with another.

Oh right. I wasn't sure if the replacement motor was an Autec item or a GTi one. Keep up the good work!

Gave it a quick was yesterday. I think its going to take a while to take off a years worth of tree sap and bird shit lol.

Things still to do

* Try figure out why the Gti maf+nistune not working properly
* Wheel alignment
* Lower the car
* Change the backbox
* Bleed the brakes
* Put the last poly bushed engine mount on
* Autech kit and other cosmetic bits

Took some time off work last month so had some free hours to put towards the project.

Wanted to fix the bumpers and skirts as they were badly scratched and damaged

I had this laying around so thought I might respray it as well

Cleaned up the interior

Front bumper and grill

Rear spats on, Autech badge, skirts and new backbox on

Had a set of vzr indicators in the garage wanted to check how they looked but wasn't feeling it

In the end I decided to go for this look...

I haven't put the spoiler on yet because my brothers and friends hate it and told me to see what i think without it first. I think it needs it! Hopefully when I get a bit more free time ill put it on but until then I'm quite pleased with how its looking. I'm mostly likely going to park it up at the end of the month and let my brother continue with it if they choose to do so. I've already started on my next couple of projects...4WD and RWD turbos for the win! lol

Looking good bud. The spoiler does suit the kit but is a little over the top.

Looks fine without though IMO

-phone-

Reactions: Mij
Back
Top Bottom