my car died :(

going down towards southend chassing a lexus is300 :) was in the tripple numbers on the speedo in 4th bout to shift in to 5th and lost all power ????????????? engine just died wouldnt stay running.
had to coast for bout half a mile and it came to a hault on the a13 in the slow lane so pushed it my self onto the turn off for avely tried to start her she ran for 2 seconds then died i can still start her she will run for 2 seconds then die im leading towards maf or fuel problems ????????

the recovery guy told me it was my air filter sucking in to much air i just said wat in amazment lol

stupid but if you have a spare key then try and use that. if the key chip is faulty then the car will start for about 2 secs then cut off I think. when I got my key cut the guy had to program the chip in 3 - 4 times before he got it working. he started the car and then it stalled after 2 secs.

Deano what engine is in your car? Once saw this on a 1.8 Primera which is the same engine and after much testing, and stuff it turned out to be the MAF sensor, which for the 1.8 is not a fraction of the price that the one for the 2.0, so dont stress :D

Is the EML light on for the short time the car runs?, the MAF sensor would not put the EML light on usually. Might be worth removing the top timing chain cover also and measuring how far out the tensioner for the chain is. I forget the measurement off the top of my head, but if it is more than a certain value, then the chain has stretched, and needs replaced. This would cause poor idle etc. This was a common problem caused by the oil. mainly through lack of servicing but no always. The oil, through age bacame acidic and reacted with the chain causing it to stretch.

Also, has it had its CAM and Crank Position sensors done, if it hasnt, and is affected by this recall then a dealer will still fit them FOC regardless as to whether or not your car is still under warranty. This would also put the EML light on though.

erm its only a 1.5 stu i got the maf for 80 notes in the end no light went out as soon as it started they put it on a computer today the maf sennsor said it was working fine giving some dodgy readings tho he said untill he tapped the it then it went haywall turns out the maf sensor had sort of crumbled due to my induction kit not being secured properly and it bangin about caused this.

but they put it in limp mode to test it now they have changed the sensor it runs fine again but the eml is on now and the elecy aint turned up yet to turn it back off grrrrrr

StuN16Sport said:
MAF for 80 notes thats reasonable, for some models, they can be as much as 260 quid.
glad u got it sorted!! :)

That's roughly how much I had to pay from Nissan for my old N15!

Nice to hear you got your car fixed mate but £80 for a MAF?? Mine was £27 inc vat - brand new in the box direct from Nissan!!

Is there different part numbers for model year changes? I've noticed that my maf (according to my nissan fast) is the exact same used on the 2.2i diesel :confused:

i didnt have time to shop aabout for maf sensors i neede my car back asap cos i have to do nearley a 100miles a day so i needed it back asap so im happy :)

lmao yea i get a bit woried when i go down that stretch of a13 again allways look at where it happened and think pls not again lol

Back
Top Bottom