My F**cking Headunit!

A

AJA_GTi

I bought my GTi in January with a similar radio cd to my last car so I swapped the faces (It was a sony cd/minidisk job with blue/orange now red & blue face) The pick up is SHITE if i switch the engine off it takes ages searching for the last track then errors & i have to skip to the begining and work through the tracks every time I carry on driving. I've tried a cleanng cd once but its just as bad! Any Ideas before I fork out for a new cd player?? :mad:

if your head unit is loosing its pre-set stations its usually cuz you don't have a permanent live on it, it mite be wired up to the ignition's 1st click ?

GTi said:
if your head unit is loosing its pre-set stations its usually cuz you don't have a permanent live on it, it mite be wired up to the ignition's 1st click ?

No it remembers the radio setting its just the cd pickup - if i turn the engine off on say track 7 then start it up again it goes "buzz buzz buzz ... beep beep beep ... ERROR" and I have to start from track 1 an find where I was - quite annoying :mad:

Is it on normal cd's or cdr ? Had a lot of problems at work with sony and clarion stuff using cdr. My Alpine kicks up as well if it is cheap media :(

Tech1_uk said:
Is it on normal cd's or cdr ? Had a lot of problems at work with sony and clarion stuff using cdr. My Alpine kicks up as well if it is cheap media :(

To be honest mate, strangeley enough its the copys with stuck on labels that play. Think the extra weight of the label just helps it along. My home stereo is the same and sticking bits of paper always does the trick.

one of my mates has had 2 sony radios from that era of sony head units, and they both went tits up exactly how you discribe, must be the motor or the laser in them

Back
Top Bottom