My GTi

Sam

Staff member
*Updates*
Have
Fidanza Flywheel
ACT HDSS Clutch
Resonated Decat,(Replaced with straight pipe)
Powder Coated black GTi wheels wrapped in T1R's
Debadged,
Dewipered,
Debumpstripped,
Fog light duct with cold air feed,
VZR rear clusters,
New rear dampers,
Serviced,
Cleaned polished and the summer wax applied,
4216d7c7.jpg

f83f3177.jpg

0a944f5b.jpg

8da1f3d4.jpg

4e8884a4.jpg

0c6e0be4.jpg

Have had it since February, Many of you would have seen it at JAE although the weather never really did it justice, but Im yet to do a write up.

Standard when I got it although it did have some clear side repeaters.
img0575me1.jpg

img0578kz2.jpg

First job was a service, Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Plugs, Leads.
I then removed the Clear repeaters in favour of the OEM orange ones, and performed the wiper Mod with a Punto wiper,
and I added my Wind deflectors from my first GTi.
dscf0099rv4.jpg

dscf0542lv3.jpg

Once I had done that I changed the brakes Disc's and Pad's,
Standard discs from buypartsbuy, and some EBC Yellow for the front and some EBC black on the rear.

Next on the list was the exhaust which was blowing from the back box, it was replaced with a Header & Downpipe from the ebay groupbuy,
and coupled with a 2.5" Stainless steal cat-back, then later a Decat, noticed some very good gains from this.
dsc00931sh6.jpg

I also added an APEXi Power Intake filter which was bought through the groupbuy from the NPOC,
dsc00889ua0.jpg

dsc00887sf7.jpg

Since then though I have bought an SSAC Header & Downpipe, with the 2.5" Downpipe,
which I have fitted and noticed some gains from this aswell.

img0489ja6.jpg

img0491uq1.jpg

img0492ui9.jpg

When I fitted the Decat I fitted the Fidanza shortshifter that I had, a big difference, noticed with this a much more precise shift.
Made a Leather gator for it aswell which I am very happy with.

I have also purchased a JDM 2-Slat Grille, which I have had sprayed and fitted.
I am waiting for the Coilovers from the groupbuy, and I am currently putting money in the pot for some JWT SR3 cams,
a Fidanza flywheel and a new clutch along with some Braided lines and 5.1 fluid.
I am also planning to have my wheels done black and wrapped in some Toyo TR-1's that are sat in my garage.

So today I gave her a good ol wash, polish n wax,

Rinsed it down with the hose, then washed with Meg's shampoo rinsing the mit after every pass,
I then went round with some SRP, and some EGP, I finished it with some Colignite 467 wax and Im very pleased with the results,
Here she is as she stands.

dscf0524ou0.jpg

dscf0528kg1.jpg

dscf0531mf6.jpg

dscf0538wl5.jpg

dscf0522cb4.jpg

dscf0551ow8.jpg

dscf0540jl4.jpg

dscf0546rz9.jpg

Thankyou,

Sam.

Looks nice. Have to say i prefer the original side repeaters. Did you find that your wash 'n' wax programme was successful, the pics look good but what do you think? Just I was going to do almost that exact process.

Corbs - not sure about the meet yet, will be able to give an answer in a few days,

Matt - the pictures and the weather dont really do it justice, I dont think it would look much better with out using a PC,

Cheers Mark, Looks just how its gonna be,
Might have a diff grille though ;)

looks good but atm it has a ridiculous ride hight! front looks like you could build a house in there!

Have a lil update,
Fitted one of my latest purchases, you would cry if you knew how much I paid :p
p1000202mt8.jpg

p1000209uy3.jpg

p1000211eo1.jpg

I have also aquired a Fidanza Flywheel, and an ACT clutch from a forum defective ;)

and you may just notice, the wheels have been done black, Its getting ever closer to Marks photoshop. :D

looks neat I think I prefer the standard Ph2 lights with them painted. but I guess there are not many VZR lights about

Those lights look ace! And price wise, i share your pain. The wheels do look so much nicer in black against the green!

I'm after a stage 2 clutch, basically capable of 230bhp. Is your act capable of this and if so, do know know which is the correct fleabay advert?

Back
Top Bottom