my micra (sorry couldnt find my old post )

quickdraw

AOC Trader
how she was with the 2ltr running!

engineshot1.jpg

and back about 2 years to when i was trying to fathem building the wiring loom lol

IMAGE_00076.jpg

shafts

IMAGE_099.jpg

new doors and wings after the incident with the engine and had to get recovered
also had to redo all the side skirts etc

this is why i decided to change how i mounted the front bumper

IMAGE_088.jpg

lick of primer over her

IMAGE_092.jpg

IMAGE_093.jpg

front end when she is built up

P1010091.jpg

back about 3 years - before she was dehandled and had a 1/4 panels, fuel filler removed etc

sieviewat16.jpg

inner wings all protected

IMAGE_00096.jpg

clearance

DSCF2170.jpg

fitting rear discs instead of drum brakes

P260808_1918.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well ive edited the first page since all the photos had been removed any ways so ill start again!

had a play around in the garage today so thought i would take a cpl of snaps - ill add the old ones too!

DSC00281.jpg

first thing i did was take the engine out - and strip the goodies

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

getting ready to start to do the swap over - once the DEt is rebuilt

DSC00302.jpg

:)

enjoy

lol

air filter is up there out the way whilst im working around the front headlight conversion bit. lol

but yes its an sr20 engine
ss autochrome header

that looks like an sr20 lurkin in the from of a mk 1 micra fair doos

that wud be a fun toy sat at the trafic lites

:lol:

they fun full stop.. this however i believe may kill me :D or iatleast hope it does cos ill never sell it.

juist a shame the business comes before other wise it would have been completed AGES ago :(

trying to keep alll 3 of the cars happy is tough on money when u have to pay court fines etc.

silly question,but how come it has the small oil breather box at the front of the engines like a gti-r?as my gti,and all others ive seen dont have this...sorry to be picky,just curious.

looks like a low port p10 engine to me, im sure the intake plenum on the gtis is different to that, isnt it more rounded on the gtis like the p11 2.0s?

might make it easier to do the wiring if it is a p10 engine, pretty sure even the later ones didnt have NATS but as iv got an early eGT i cant be sure

sussex_gti said:
silly question,but how come it has the small oil breather box at the front of the engines like a gti-r?as my gti,and all others ive seen dont have this...sorry to be picky,just curious.

the engine has actually got a few diff SR20 engine parts from various motors.

the bulk of the engine is from a non nats Se primera (easier for wiring in, as this is then straight forward)

the proper engine once i know that it will withstand will be the 200sx sr20 DET

but i have to make sure once it space framed and roll cage in that it will be ok weight wise aswell and power. but this engine i will be looking to sit at the 250 brake area

then be upgraded once i finish all the install and body work.

Looking forward to seeing this...always good to see something a bit different

quickdraw said:
lol...

if you think that mate ill let ya ;)

the 1.6 is the 128 bhp.

:confused: have i misunderstood this or have you just said the 1.6 sr20s (well would be sr16) is 128 bhp?

the sr20De is 128 bhp, the sr20DE is 150 bhp AFAIK the only sr16s were the sr16ve which was 170bhp and the sr16ve n1 which was 200 bhp

if i have misunderstood you then sorry if it looks like im talking down to you

anyway looks like a very interesting project, looking forward to seeing it finished, good luck with it

AFAIK in the uk the only highports were in sunny gtis and primera eZX and early eGT and they were all 150 bhp (im sure about primeras being 150 bhp but not certain about sunny)

highports were the early multipoint injection sr20s and were only available as sr20DE in this country (im fairly sure about them only being available as sr20DE anyway)

lowport was the later multipoint injection (think it was around 1993 onwards) and was available as sr20DE and sr20De, these were 128 bhp as De and 150 bhp as DE

havent got any pictures to explain but basically when you look at a highport sr20 you can see 4 metal pipes at the back of the engine bay, and the throttle body and intake plenum are below these, on a low port its the other way round and you see the intake plenum at the top like you do on gtis and the engine in this micra

i think, Quickdraw has a 1.6 micra also, which is the 128bhp one. I remember him asking on here about headers for it a while back. Think its a K10?

ok.. to clear things up.

it is a 2ltr. (the 1.6 referance was as i believed it was the 1.6sr16 that was 128bhp, this is NOT in my car)

highport sr20 you can see 4 metal pipes at the back of the engine bay, and the throttle body and intake plenum are below these, on a low port its the other way round and you see the intake plenum at the top like you do on gtis and the engine in this micra

this is correct...

it doesnt really matter about the original BHp ne ways like. since it will not be standard (well already isnt.) has already had numourous things removed such as all the jargon for power steering - all the surplus brakets, strippd to the basics of my requirements.

that plus the lightened UR pulley - clucth - flywheel - pressure plate - the fact its in a stripped out k10 micra.

thats when it starts to look at the new ecu - bigger internals..

when im finished ill be looking to sit the car at around 250bhp to keep it nice.

that from a k10 micra i think could well be nice. DANGEROUSE... but nice..;)

Back
Top Bottom