My N15 VZR

poor resolution? 16x16 maps = 256 fixed points, and with the interpolation routine that jumps to 1024 possible points, along with the changeable rpm and tp scaling I can't see why you dont have enough resolution to map an n/a car properly?

.....phone.....

Love that, no messing and straight in with hard facts

poor resolution? 16x16 maps = 256 fixed points, and with the interpolation routine that jumps to 1024 possible points, along with the changeable rpm and tp scaling I can't see why you dont have enough resolution to map an n/a car properly?

.....phone.....

Right the car is mapped Properly

That came across wrong, I know 16 x 16 is plenty or resolution,
But If we had a slight bit more we could have done a bit more for the hesitation going into vvl
But John Said there Offering 20x20 Reso now, With 4 igniton tbales and 4 fuel tables

Heres a dyno Sheet
DYno2004.jpg

Slight hesitation when VVL kicks In,
We fixed that by moving the cams coming in at 7k Rpm and it smoothed it out But was to high for me, id fall from vvl

The Dyno seems to be about 200Rpm out so when it says im making power to 8800 It should be reading 8600, And the Hesitation Is around 6100 not 6300

Feels smooth out on the road

The n1 cams seem to carry Power Alot later But alot Longer, Prob lost a small bit down low, But i dont plan on staying down low much lol

did you try with the switch points lower down? are you still switching them separately or together?

Yah we switched them lower Down , around 5500 and 5800 and seemed to Have a bigger Bog down ,
Have them both coming in at 6100 IIRc,
Had them in at 5800 and 6100 and think we sat at 182 and Had a more aggressive dip

7k Rpm was smooth curve but much to high

yeah 20x20 etc will come with tunercode v6, when it comes. post up your tcd as I can't see why you or your tuner think that resolution is to blame for the dip? also the high lobes isn't the only way to make power, its a way of extending the powerband at higher rpm, so being off the high lobe through gear changes isn't a bad thing, and the fact that you had a bigger dip when switching lower and smooth curve switching higher up shows this, also keep in mind you still have a 1.6 so the lower rpm switching points used by guys with 2l bottom ends isn't the best bet for your setup. your drag looks quite high too imo?

.....phone.....

My what now MAn?
As said the cams Moved up higher Sorted the dip,
But personal Prefrence i didnt Want to be falling out of vvl, Regardless of figures or curve, I just didnt want it

Yah The lower points we had a feeling would be to low for 1.6 so stuck around 6100

The Drag is the same as My last few dyno runs? Maybe its considerd high to ye but Same as always

Im not a tuner, Maybe He didnt imply that but hes used to Honda ecus so said a little bit more resolution to zone in on that might have helped,
But as you said, the cams clearly wanted to work Higher but i didnt fancy only having 1500Rpm in vvl

your tcd, the tune file as the dip is still showing on your printout, but it doesn't matter now, and It may be the same as earlier runs but losing ~50bhp through drag losses seems high in a fwd car with small light wheels, but its your motor and you can run it however you want, and switch the cams wherever you think sounds coolest :)

.....phone.....

your tcd, the tune file as the dip is still showing on your printout, but it doesn't matter now, and It may be the same as earlier runs but losing ~50bhp through drag losses seems high in a fwd car with small light wheels, but its your motor and you can run it however you want, and switch the cams wherever you think sounds coolest :)

.....phone.....

Well i used The dyno as a tuning Tool, It read the same the last time so i could compare,
If I was only Hoping for figures i would have went to a higher reading dyno
As said , it is my car and I will switch them where I want, Really no need to be so smart about ,
I dont want to fall out vvl On a gear change so ill put my cams To suit that,

And I appreciate the Help You gave with the Ecu and that your only Stating or offering advice,
But as said, Im happy with how it runs and Mapped it to Suit Me

Would Any one Be intrested In this car As full?

On wed Sport wheels,
Std Ecu, Std Manifold, Tein Coilovers, Apexi Rsm, Catback, N1 spoiler, Fidanza Flywheel, 3 Puk Paddle Clutch, Std Box
Std Cams, Lucinos, mounts, Leads, Panel filter, Cold Air feed, And im sure theres more

Long time since iv been in this thread :)
Cars Locked Up safe and sound as you can see
Car is Still the same Minus The Specd Gearbox, Cams , Ecu And Custom Mani
1065123_10152934170945324_1161801728_o.jpg

And this Came up for sale and i had to have it :D
44448_10153687006330324_1723688813_n.jpg

Really dont like the placement of the bonnet pins, that annoys me greatly.

What you have planned for it now then?

Back
Top Bottom