My new GTi

No offense but I think you've overpaid a fair bit for the mileage, condition doesnt look bad though, bar the missing front splitter and marmite gearknob.
And I think I could drive up that exhaust pipe lol.

Cheers mate! Ruin my day why dont ya, i think its beltin bar the gear knob,

If you look on autotrader etc you'll struggle to get one cheaper

Front splitter is the front part of the bodykit, the original ones tended to smash off easily.
Book of stamps - full service history.

what you all forget is that corbs is a student. if your noodles aren't 12p from lidl, then just walk away my friend.

i paid 1250 for my 98 Si on 79 thousand miles so you cant grumble as long as its in good nick :)

I just paid (last weekend) £700 for one similar, phase 1 gti, 100k miles and all bodykit minus the front splitter. Overall condition iive it 7/10 which is good for the year of car we're talking about.

So going on that i'd have offered £700 without full history £1000 with.

/my 2p

keyboards down ladies. if you think its worth it then fair play mate. and welcome to the AOC by the way :)

fook me, makes my £2.5k seem a lot!! although that was 2 years ago for a '99 plate with 65k miles. ;)

but still, it might have 100k etc but your still gettin a decent amount of car for your money, compared to other makes/models in my opinion. my sisters old '98 saxo vtr just went for £1100 but i wouldn't give you £11 compared to the 'mera.

looks very nice mate - enjoy!:cool:
any plans for it? besides destroyin that gear knob:eek:

Ye, will be doing under the boot up as well as I can
Defo new air filter, new exhaust system for starters, some one said a new header, dunno what one is but iWill find out and get one ha

Then onto the exterior, first thing is to get a new front splitter, then new headlights and some black rims eventually

header = exhaust manifold. usually SS Auto Chrome are cheap. front splitter try the user 'o dog' on here, he does fibreglass moulds of splitters and sideskirts for phase 1 and 2, as well as other goodies :)

HI, the rear skirt on the bumper is from a phase 2 almera gti and the side skirts are from a phase 1 (like what you have)

welcome to AOC

Depends what the rust is like really, the pics dont show any so give it a look around the arches/inner arches (Lift up the boot carpet), sills, windows, sunroof, wings etc.
Before you pay for it, check the boot floor to see if it's been in a rear end collision, the P2 rear bumper is a bit suspect. Although P1 splitters are made out of pasta so it could be that a previous owner broke it just in day to day driving, not a collision, and sought a replacement in the form of the P2 one. OR it might not have been a bodykitted almera to begin with (Another reason for no front splitter) and the bodykit has been assembled out of what was available at the time.
Could be any number of reasons, just give all the impact panels a checking over, if theyre ok then get yourself a fibreglass P1 splitter from o_dog and happy days :)

ok im starting to cry now.. i paid 4k euro's over here for my car.. included was new brakes, tires and oil + apk.

*sigh* i should have bought one in the uk..

Back
Top Bottom