My ph2 GTi

Talk about reliable, it's not until you do something like a track day..you realise how good these cars are. It sat at 7krpm for about 2 hours...And never missed a beat, temp guage didnt budge past half way either. very impressive.

too right! my car did over 100 miles to the track then all afternoon going round then over 100 miles back and didn't miss a beat!
lovin' your car though kurt, looks great and obviously goes well!

dom

THose vzr lights look the nuts dont they! So your car felt quick enough? i still think 200bhp wont be bad for a fwd car. My friends old primera gt was running over 200bhp na and with a good lsd it flew round bends etc!

Simcard said:
THose vzr lights look the nuts dont they! So your car felt quick enough? i still think 200bhp wont be bad for a fwd car. My friends old primera gt was running over 200bhp na and with a good lsd it flew round bends etc!

Yeh, I got them to sell...buT decided to keep them as they look so good.

I found it totally different from the road to the track...I wanted lots of power on the road, as just general on-going modifications I was doing. But today, there was Mk2 Golf GTi's with basic handling mods, hanging with Evo 6's...

Maybe after lots of practise on a track I could use a much more powerful engine to full potential. But I was chasing DC2's/WRX's and a TVR at one point...your cornering more than just flat out pedal to the floor, so 200whp would be totally pointless to a novice like me.

I see what you mean, RaceworX had a 1.3 micra that only had intake and exhaust but loads of handling mods, that could keep up with Evos and scoobs in the twisties!
When I did a sprint day in my 1.0 micra the guys with much better cars were impressed, it was mainly just the power/weight ratio and size!

Is 'usable' the new shorthand for slower-than-we-expected or something? Surely anything under 250bhp is usable?

Joking. Well I'm not, but I don't mean it with malice.

rowdy-GTi said:
Nice one Kurt. You`ll get used to the power and want more, take my word.

I definately will yeh, but at the moment I need more practise than a faster car :lol:

Ok, digging up my own thread once again. But just got some pics from Oulton park.

oultonpark01.jpg

oultonpark02.jpg

Ok, second one isn't quite a 350z or a WRX like Rowdy has pics of :lol: ....But it's a Rover 220 GTi :rasp:

K33 ELV said:
Is 'usable' the new shorthand for slower-than-we-expected or something? Surely anything under 250bhp is usable?

Joking. Well I'm not, but I don't mean it with malice.
I thought it meant a good balance of power-enough so it's fast but not too much to send you to death.

Corbs said:
I thought it meant a good balance of power-enough so it's fast but not too much to send you to death.

Spot on. I wan't to get into track days alot more now...And a understeering wheel spinning monster, would be pointless imo. But I would like just a little more power up top end, which I will do with some bigger cams and good mapping. But a 300bhp DET defintealy isn't for me.

@Shaggy-Cheers. It's definately getting there now.

shaggy_master said:
It looks pretty flat & stiff on that bend in comparison to the rover too.. :)

Yeh, nearly a year of back breaking daliy driving..finally paid off :lol:

shaggy_master said:
Is it as bad as its made out to be then haha?

No I wouldn't say so. But I'd expect 'hard' for them to perform well when you wan't them. And on the softest damper settings..it's still rolls a little.

Back
Top Bottom