My Tropical Green GTi

Almera004-1.jpg

Well here we go - It has already been introduced elsewhere but I thought it would be nice to give it a bit of a showcase. I've owned it a week and already started tweaking!

So far I've reparked the rear wiper and fixed a few minor issues, but today I have just taken delivery of a set of FTO twinpot calipers which should be sorted by the end of the week with some Drilled and grooved discs.

Plans for the future include fixing all the rust, putting on some 17in alloys I have (need a spot of repairing first) and then a little light tuning, maybe full exhaust and a set of cams as well as losing the aircon. Will be lowering as well once I can source a decent setup at a decent price.

I need to get some more piccies!

Like this a lot.

Let us know how you get on with fitting the calipers mush, how much did they cost? (new?)

KYB AGX are a good half way house suspension wise.

Was hoping for Ultra SR shocks but now I think AGX and a coilover conversion on them would work well.

Brake setup cost a little over £200 using secondhand calipers but new G&D discs and yellowstuff pads. Not bad really, and a very nice improvement. (How to guide is here)

Some more pics:

almera023.jpg

^ Rear Wiper arm painted black again and repositioned.

almera024.jpg

^Next Thing to be fitted - Primera downpipe. Main pipe is 2 1/16th" ID and secondaries are 1 5/8" ID.

almera028.jpg

almera030.jpg

precat heatshield, I've just ripped it off completely.

Suprisingly thick steel - there must be a lot of wasted weight in the amount of heat shielding they've stuck over everything!

this car is aswell looking in a good shape.

I personally advise you to max 16" wheels, you will regret the 17" later ( like me :D)
Yes 17" looks better, but you will be more satisfied with 16" :D

Aye 16" looks good, they're lighter and you get a better ride :D

I took off most of the heat shielding when I got my exhaust done. Diesels don't have as hot an exhaust gas temp though :) Still, it's only really there to allow for these cars to be used in very hot countries anyway.

almeraa.jpg

Had these on my old Civic instead of it's old 14" rims, never noticed anydifference in performance or ride.

Going for 215/40/17s so it will be a little better on the Almera, but only just fit! Might have to take out the platic arch liners up front, they're ok on 205/40s.

Just need to get one wheel repaired:

almera032.jpg

Back
Top Bottom