N15 Si Front Headlight Bulb Replacement

you are kidding?

remove plug, remove large ring, remove rubber seal, unclip spring and pull out the bulb, do not touch the glass of the the new bulb with your fingers.

Right, I officialy dont have a clue what im doing lol, I know its the most stupid question but im not into how a car works n everything.

Ok, you dont need to take the headlight out to replace the bulb. Around the back of the headlight there should be a round rubber plug where the bulb is. remove this, then unclip the metal clip - dont force it, it should just spring off easily, then take out the bulb and unscrew it - should be a 'bayonet' fitting. Screw in the new bulb and test, then re-assemble!
Hope you get it now!

Corbs said:
Ok, you dont need to take the headlight out to replace the bulb. Around the back of the headlight there should be a round rubber plug where the bulb is. remove this, then unclip the metal clip - dont force it, it should just spring off easily, then take out the bulb and unscrew it - should be a 'bayonet' fitting. Screw in the new bulb and test, then re-assemble!
Hope you get it now!

Screw in the new bulb? Its a 3 pin plug?

He may only be 19, but that`s still no excuse! :roll: :p ;)

Do the headlights come on or not, if not you just need a bulb, which is a 2 min fix @ most, but if you`ve broken the big glass bit, A) they`re not cheap (unless you know where to look) & B) they can sometimes be a swine to get off.

On a side note, I thought you had to know the basics of car maintenance (which fluids go where, how to change bulbs etc.) to pass you test nowadays? :confused:

I passed 16 years ago :feint: , before all this theory stuff came in! :p

Almera Guy said:

Do the headlights come on or not, if not you just need a bulb, which is a 2 min fix @ most, but if you`ve broken the big glass bit, A) they`re not cheap (unless you know where to look) & B) they can sometimes be a swine to get off.

On a side note, I thought you had to know the basics of car maintenance (which fluids go where, how to change bulbs etc.) to pass you test nowadays? :confused:

I passed 16 years ago :feint: , before all this theory stuff came in! :p

1. Im only 18
2. Thats one are that you dont have to know to pass your test lol.

I sawe that thing at the back, i will try to take it off. Thanks.

Hey, when I first started on this forum I knew absolutely diddly squat about cars other than how to drive (Badly) so I can sympathise!

Almera Guy said:

Im 18 :confused: And will be changing the p&p head and inlet soon. And im a spark?

You may be new and not know alot about cars, but lord.......

If you genuinley mean the bulb then god help you, but if you mean the whole light....fair enough.

Rizzo said:
1. Im only 18
2. Thats one are that you dont have to know to pass your test lol.

I sawe that thing at the back, i will try to take it off. Thanks.

Sorry mate, didn`t mean any offence. :O

It`s just that I was doing cars with my dad since I was about 6, so was a little `surprised` by your lack of knowledge.

Also, "knowing how to change a bulb isn`t required to pass your test" :eek: :feint:

That should be @ the very top of the list, `cos if that`s not a safety issue, (they`re there for you to see & be seen) then I don`t know what the hell is! :eek:

Sorry (again) rant over!

OMG man this contains loads of work need to rip every thing apart and takes about 5 hours

only joking refer to the hand book it should tell you you will need H4 bulbs

GTi kurt said:
:mad: ahhhhhhhh and you can get insured on a GTi ? I can't touch a GTi till I am 21 - 25 can't even get insured on a 1.8 :mad: ahhhhhh Birmingham sucks man

oh yeah I quoted at the age of 19 for a GTi but they said they can't insured me now Im 20 I don't think they can insured me now. got a quote for a GTi and the cheapest insurance was like 3-4k :mad:

Almera Guy said:
Sorry mate, didn`t mean any offence. :O

It`s just that I was doing cars with my dad since I was about 6, so was a little `surprised` by your lack of knowledge.

Also, "knowing how to change a bulb isn`t required to pass your test" :eek: :feint:

That should be @ the very top of the list, `cos if that`s not a safety issue, (they`re there for you to see & be seen) then I don`t know what the hell is! :eek:

Sorry (again) rant over!

Nah, its about how to test your brakes & steering mainly, and about the legal amount of tread on a tire... the only "under-the-bonnet" stuff you gotta learn is where the brake fluid, washer fluid, engine coolant and oil goes... and how to know whether they're full or not. Waste of time really, don't even teach you to change a wheel!

I thought i new alot bout cars until ive done all the work to this. Its causing me alot of hassle but i like it. When i lowered thee front on monday it took 2 and half hours, who would have thought that.

Back
Top Bottom