N16 Ariel

Hey.

The Ariel on my N16 doesn't seem to want to unscrew or move up or down. It seems pretty much fixed in its current position.

Am I just being a wuss, and will a bit of force sort out both problems?

I want to fit a new Arial you see, but if I can't get the old one off then there's no point lol.

Hello mate , common problem

There left hand thread mate to stop people nicking them lol, so u need to do it up to undo it , and undo it to refitt it,

Turn it the wrong was basicly , if it still sticks grab a pair of grips or pilers , put a towel or cloth over it and use the grips pliers on the base

Hope that helps Dan

i would like to think so lol, once uve got it loose pop it down the shop and have a look aslong as the thread and seal are the same it will be fine , a little bit of copper grease on reffiting helps stop them seizing up if u got some handy

Dan

I've fitted a universal fit to mine before (removed it though as it looked gash, the base is kind of pointed or conical and universal fit ones tend to have flat bases so there was a gap),

Do you still get reception?
I ripped off the a pillar and cut the strengthening plastic bits out and then hot glued one on there. it work but not as good as the roof. I don't listen to the radio anyway. I got a radio from the USA so radio frequencies are a joke.

Back
Top Bottom