N16 Boot Floor

P

PaulC

Seeing as the N16 doesn't actually HAVE a boot floor, so everytime you put anything reasonably heavy in, the crap mat just sinks, has anyone made a solid floor and what did you use?
I'm not putting in any kind of install, just trying to make it a little more practical (i.e. less crap!) seeing as Nissan didn't think of doing it for me.
I was thinking of using MDF, probably about 6mm & coating it with something, fitting it with the industrial strength velcro you can get from some of the racing shops.
The other possibility is aluminium honeycomb, which would only need to be very thin, but I can't find a supplier - does anyone have any suggestion?

I was going to use some mdf, or 2 sheets of 3 ply alod in opposite directions and bonded together

see if u can get 1 from n15. mine has a peice of wood under mat and got like sponge or block of wood on underside to stop it moving about. if its that different in the back then they would only need to be moved to fit! Try a scrappy or see if anybody has one here

Back
Top Bottom