N16 DCi Fuel Pump / ECU Reset Proceedure

Discussion in 'Other Almera Discussion' started by edk, Feb 28, 2011.

1. edk

edk Addicted to Torque Staff Member

Model:
    SXE DCi
    Chassis:
    N16
    Found an ECU & Pump reset procedure a while back for the Nissan Navara on their owners club forums. It recently came up that a reset needed to be done on a 2.2 DCi P12 Primera, but Nissan wanted £90... So I posted the link to the nav forums on the off chance it might work. I know that the ECUs have the same Pin outs so very similar if not identical, so it was worth a shot.

It worked! Works on the N16 Almera too :)

Source: nissan-navara.net

http://www.nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5786

Thanks to Boohoo for reading through the workshop manual, resetting ECU and FUEL pump MAY help in cutting down on that horrible tapping noise that the D40 suffers from.
    Ive carryed out this reset and the engine is alot smoother, more responsive, less smokey and alot less tappy.

To carry out the reset carry out the following

Turn ingnition on so all dash lights come on.

Wait 3 seconds

PUMP accelerator pedel 5 times within 5 seconds....

with foot now OFF accelerator wait 7 seconds...

After 7 seconds press and hold down accelerator pedel for 10 seconds...

Atfer 10 seconds the Engine Managment Light will start to flash, at this point remove foot from accelerator.

the Nav is now in diag mode, so let the EML flash for a bit. the press and hold the acclerator pedel down for more than 10 seconds..this will then reset ECU and fuel pump etc......and put them into learning mode.

NOTE: When the EML light is flashing, this is listing possible fault codes... so if you know how to read the fault codes or know the sequences then you can figure out any possible faults with your Nav with out getting the dealer to do it!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  2. Kam

Kam

Model:
    Tino
    Chassis:
    V10
    Hey

I'm running a 2.2 '02 Almera Tino, manufactured in march so its pre facelift, no suction control valve and its direct injection not the later common rail

Tried to do the fuel pump reset procedure but didn't get any engine management come up, infact I don't think it even worked

Lately the tino has become slow, almost like restricted power, foot down and not much happens, partners k11 micra 1.0 overtakes me easily :rolleyes: so tried the reset as I did have an issue a few months back with the common cold start but turned out it was just a loose pipe at the back, was running sweet as since

Yesterday I tried the reset procedure again once when cold and again after a good long drive and after the pedal is held down I did hear a faint kind of electrical twang (sorry best way of describing it ) :oops: after finishing off it seemed like it worked as it spooled up and went absolutely fine, after about 5 mins driving it was back to normal, I thought maybe the ECU was 'learning' so was fine but like I say after about 5 mins it just went into what seems like restricted mode

Its a 2.2 YD22DDT (VP44 pump) not the common rail, mpg is weirdly still really good o_O

So I'm wondering if the reset procedure only works on the DDTi engines and not the earlier DDT? And if there are no faults recorded how do you know as I have no EML come up either steady or flashing so I don't know if I'm even doing it right

I did look in FSM here under phase 1 but couldn't find anything, probably because the fuel pump is part of the whole assembly I'm guessing?

3. Breakpoint

Breakpoint

Model:
    Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 Di 2002
    Chassis:
    VSKTDAV10U0099408
    Hello Kam,

I'm running the same Almera Tino DI 2.2 '02 , manufactured in December its direct injection

Did you manage to do fuel pump reset?

I' m having the same problem with my Tino has become slow, almost like restricted power.

Any progress with this also?

Thanks
    Breakpoint

4. Kam

Kam

Model:
    Tino
    Chassis:
    V10
    Hey

I've had no luck doing this reset on my Tino, I've tried a few variations and tweaks to it and still nothing

I just changed the fuel filter on mine and bang - difference is like night and day now, all sorted so change that first

5. Bar72

Bar72

Model:
    Tino 2.2 DCi
    Chassis:
    N16
    nice. works a treat on my 54 plate Tino 2.2 DCi [136]. still not cured my rough idle, hesitation etc. New SCV now (

6. Breakpoint

Breakpoint

Model:
    Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 Di 2002
    Chassis:
    VSKTDAV10U0099408
    Hello,

I have TINO 2.2 DI year 2002 .I am having problem to get any hill maximum 1500-200 rpm.I did a diagnostic check and only 2 errors i have P0100 and P0120.For the P0100 i did clean MAF and for P0120 i just did lock reset.Usually i am driving on city and sometimes is very dangerous as need to jump in traffic and car barely moves.

Perhaps its common problem and anyone knows what might got into the car?

Thanks
    Breakpoint

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice