N16 DCi-R

haha yeah yeah same answer Chris, no point spending £20 on new plates when I've got to spend £80 on reg change (and even then need new M16 EDK plates anyway), and I cant afford to do that yet.

Paul you're right about that, and it gets pretty hot after the remap too.

Good job on the wheels Ed, looks tip top :thumbs:

But the rear splitter isnt doing it for me im afraid :( Dont know why, just doesnt look right?

About turning it into spats, i think if you did that, but smooth them onto the bumper it would look HAWT!

Yeah very easy rob.

The splitter won't blend because as I said its made of foam.

-mobile phone post-

Reactions: IT
Thanks Sam :)

ed you got a link to that as that looks better than the laguna one. id cut the exhaust bit out as when your custom exhaust is done it may get in the way i know it will with mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0568925178&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Expect to pay about £11 customs charges on top. Took just over 2 weeks to arrive. It's meant for the front but I thought i'd try it on the rear too. This would look smart on the front of the N16 for sure, and I'd have bought two if I didnt already have my LCR front splitter.

Currently colour coding my mud guards to the new black, and also clay bar'd the car. Jeeze was it bad! Rick, I'm disappointed in you :lol:

The tailgate ALONE!
Img_0400.jpg

Rear bumper.
Img_0401.jpg

Passenger door.
Img_0402.jpg

Pretty smooth now, so just got to wait for a dry day to do the full works :)

I did my bonnet the other day pretty amazing eh! Baby's bum like finish after ideal for waxing! Dude either your hands are small or those a proper large bits of clay haha thought was only supposed to use small peice whilst working in :lol:

Is that the autoglym clay or some other make?

Last bit of clay I had left it just ended up being a lot. It's Built Hamber. So bought because you can use water as the lubricant. Comes in different softness. Was an Auto Express best buy. Done me well so far and used quite a few times now.

Was mint when i had it, unfortunately my dad never looked after it like i did. It's in good hands now. ;)

You're telling me! :lol: Heh fair enough mate :), how long did he have it for again? Btw your garage missed out changing the oil filter in the service :p It's rusty as hell so not been changed :lol: Don't worry, again, in good hands now ;)

AG SRP and Colinite 915 Wax. Bit of a quick job because as I was going over it with some Megs Paint Cleaner first and saw just how bad a condition the paint work was in. I think Rick's dad liked to drive through hedges a lot. Anyway, I think it's too bad for my mere hands to cope with so will pay for a pro polisher to sort it out so I've at least got a decent foundation to work from.

Bit of a hologram thing going on with the flakes in Pearl Black.
IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Cool hologram paintwork... looks great ed.. really need to.do mine... just dont get enough time...

Will have to make time when the weather gets better.

You're telling me! :lol: Heh fair enough mate :), how long did he have it for again? Btw your garage missed out changing the oil filter in the service :p It's rusty as hell so not been changed :lol: Don't worry, again, in good hands now ;)

He had it from about October 2007, the the missus was using it for about a year before you bought it.

I'll be having words with my garage when i'm next inthe. Not changing the oil filter is inexcusable imo. Thankfully i'm doing everything on the GTi myself, so know exactly what's being done.

Planned a busy day on the car today as I knew the weather would be fine.

Standard exhaust dropped. But the fecker wouldnt undo at the beam bend so couldnt get it out!
IMG_0414.jpg

Resorted to dropping the rear axle completely.
IMG_0415.jpg

Hooray!!! This been sold to Fred :)
IMG_0416.jpg

Sexy.
IMG_0419.jpg

Good news, turbo in good knick, no vanes chipped or missing (it can happen!).
IMG_0421.jpg

Gave my end a good polishin'.
IMG_0422.jpg

DiFFerence.
IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Poly hanger on the back box fitted. Need to get one of the backbox mounts welded back on though now (came off in crash I guess).

I also swapped the alternator from a generic Made in Poland one to the Hitatchi that was in the Grey car. Only noticed the brand difference once removed. The Polish made one was making funny noises and when you spin it by hand it's got more resistance and makes 'swish' noise like a foocked wheel bearing.

Went mental with a wire brush and Kurust too. Lots of surface and a bit more than surface rust all over the chassis. Scottish winters are not kind to cars :(. Sorted now though :) Engine bay and under chassis looks more black than brown now.

good work ed!
:thumbs:

good the turbo is all good, that might be why it feels quicker than the grey one as when you started to mod it the turbo was not good?

get that exhaust on man!

booooost!

Back
Top Bottom