N16 DCi-R

I did have a bit of a bid war on it actually :lol: so obviously these are in demand!

splitter fitted

An update photo for you all. Clear indicators, sunstrip, black grille, and leon curpa r splitter.

Had trouble with the sunstrip and bodged it a little :rolleyes: but it'll do for now, looks fine from a distance.

Tools needed, and cut down fins.
cuprawork01.jpg
cuprawork02.jpg

Cut some bits out to allow it to bend without distorting, and aligning the splitter. Drill pilot holes and use self tapping screws. Bit of sikaflex to aid support.
cuprawork03.jpg
cuprawork04.jpg

The result :) Thanks to my dad for providing an extra pair of hands (you need it!).

cuprawork05.jpg

Thanks :) Glad I did it, I think it adds something that otherwise looks missing on the phase2 n16s.

two things: -

1) just noticed you colour coded your chrome bits on the kidney grille sections (oh how i long for car paint touch up skills)

2) The advantage is you can get away without colour coding cos it (as well as your car) is grey

Jammy bastard lol nice nonetheless! :thumbs:

heh yeah does make it all easier, but actually the splitter is black plastic and still looks good unpainted, and the grille is just black pvc tape :p buuut it does do the trick.

Darren198712 said:
can't have been the leather one though. not for 2 quid anyway
dunno bud, mine is a 5 speed one identical to the one on the right hand side. Came out of a P2 N16 i think... looks better than my origional one anyhow.

Cars looking very good there mate :p

Mine is a 6 speed one though. You sure it's leather? Smell it! :D

Its too cold to go out to smell now :p. All I know is, it looks identical to that, and on a cold day, the metal strip is freeeeezing one it! lol

*edit* i can dig my nails in to it the same as i can other leather products..

Freeeeezing cold, yup that's the one! :rolleyes: Reckon it gets really hot in the summer?
Burning.gif

I've got this extra fog light I want to remove that hangs off the back of my car. Does anyone know if there's anything else I'd need to do with the electrics (because of the change in load etc), or would I just simply need to remove the light?

splitter is looking tidy. not very noticeable though. some N16s come with leather steering wheels. not sure about the leather gear knob though

splitter is looking tidy. not very noticeable though. some N16s come with leather steering wheels. not sure about the leather gear knob though

SXE and SVE models come with leather stearing wheels, and maybe some special editions.

Not very noticeable is what I'm going for. Cosmetic tweaks really. Your motordrome kit did always catch my eye though and I seriously thought about getting it before.

edk, I would really like to know your chassis code... well, not the whole thing, just the part i would need so i can locate the same model and attempt to ship it to my country

I really like this face lift model, and there are NONE like it in my country, (most of our Almeras are Foreign used.ie. shipped from Japan or singapore, and i do not think that the face lift model was available in either country

So if i get the code, i can try to source one, because your car is just plain sex... especially that colour

For those Micra admirers, I just found some old photos of the first car I ever drove. It was my parent's car that they let me use while I was learning to drive :D

1 litre model L. automatic choke and colour coded plate lights :eek: lol

Attachments

• Micra1.jpg
    Micra1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Micra2.jpg
    Micra2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 29
edk, I would really like to know your chassis code... well, not the whole thing, just the part i would need so i can locate the same model and attempt to ship it to my country

I really like this face lift model, and there are NONE like it in my country, (most of our Almeras are Foreign used.ie. shipped from Japan or singapore, and i do not think that the face lift model was available in either country

So if i get the code, i can try to source one, because your car is just plain sex... especially that colour

Thanks! :) It's an N16 chassis, model SXE and colour is Techno Grey (KY5). Mine is the 2.2 dCi 136bhp version, engine code YD22DDTi.

SXE and SVE models come with leather stearing wheels, and maybe some special editions.

Not very noticeable is what I'm going for. Cosmetic tweaks really. Your motordrome kit did always catch my eye though and I seriously thought about getting it before.
never knew that I think I am going to rip the airbag system out and get hold of a Momo steering wheel or something like that.

I liked the Motordrome kit the first day I seen it on here ages ago (1.5/2 years ago I think) but the kit was not named just pictures. but I found it recently so I got it :). was going to get rid of the car but that idea went out the window. I still think I should not have done the bad boy bonnet mod. I think it would of been better if I just badged it.

Looking good mate.

I put 17s with 205/40/17 tyres on my old 1.5 with Eibach pro springs and standard shocks.

Handling was excellent, very little body roll and the progressive springs meant I could pack the car with people and camping gear and it still would not bottom-out.

Ride was a bit rougher but not that bad at all. I really should have got 205/45/17 tyres which would have helped and would have filled the arches better. The tyres I had (Federal Supersteel) are cheap and good but are known to give a quite harsh ride with lots of tyre noise.

I did have a lot of trouble with vibration and getting the wheels balanced until I realised that the problem was largely the difference in weight between the lightweight wheel nuts and the much heavier locking nut on each wheel.

Get light 17s, though - any weight more than the stock steelies will affect acceleration and handling more ( I now want these ).

Back
Top Bottom