N16 DCi-R

Looking good mate.

Cheers for the info about the locking wheel nuts. I was planning to do the same but I guess I'll have to give it a miss. I wouldnt have aftermarket alloys without locking wheel nuts :eek:

For tyres I was thinking about going for the beefy look. 205/55/16. this would make the overall diameter bigger so i'd have to get the speedo adjusted, but they'd fill the almera arches better and i think keep the front of my car safe from speed bumps/kerbs for when i get it lowered on coilovers. Means I still get to lower to reduce the gap between body and tyre, but still keep a safe height from gound. Means larger wheel but less weight than 17's too.

Attachments

• 16-te37-002_225-50-16.jpg
    16-te37-002_225-50-16.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 68
Pics with my 'new' lights, courtesy of Eire_N16 :)

How it looked before...

p2rearlights.jpg

and now...

p1rearlights.jpg

Really gotta get this thing lowered now.

Nice move, i do think the P1 N16 rear lights are better looking.

Hope to see it lowered some time soon, aslo look forward to seeing if you can pull off this front grille swap, should really transform the overall look of the car.

The photochop looked perfect.

I prefer the Phase 2 lights if i'm honest but it does look smart with your paint colour and standard wheels.

Nice move, i do think the P1 N16 rear lights are better looking.

Hope to see it lowered some time soon, aslo look forward to seeing if you can pull off this front grille swap, should really transform the overall look of the car.

The photochop looked perfect.
Cheers mate, yeah I hope I can pull off the grille too :rolleyes:

I only took a couple of the back for showing the lights, sorry! I'll see if I can take some 2moro.

Wind deflectors seem pretty good. They're the Heko ones. Really easy to install. Certainly less noisy at speeds over 60mph. Ironically it hasn't rained since I put them on so havnt seen if they work at deflecting rain. They have a pretty low profile, so dont look bad either ;)

There is a slight whistling noise but it beats the roar and buffeting noise you get without them.

Pics with my 'new' lights, courtesy of Eire_N16 :)

Really gotta get this thing lowered now.

I've got a set of Apex lowering springs for the DCi mate, only used for approx. 9months. Going cheap as they ar taking up room.

PS. Phase 1 lights look alot better than the phase 2 one.

Sound good mate thanks. How do they compare to Eibach Pros, as I've read they are good for ride quality and handling? How low will it take me?

lights are definitely a good mod ed, buy ricks lowering springs, black/graphite wheels, get the grill sorted and it will be officially the best looking N16 i have seen :D

definately an improvement with the phase 1 lights.

lol david does love pics doesnt he haha

bring on the grille :)

Lowering

Don't really know alot of these brands you guys are talking about as they probably dont sell them this side of the lake! but i got mine lowered 30mm on whiteline springs. Its quite a rough ride but then again its probably cuz our roads r complete bollix! However, i know it takes a bit for the front to dop in some cases but mine hasnt. Went back to the guy and he made some excuses blah blah blah long story short he said he's gunna get new front springs in to lower the front....Anybody gimme a dig out as to why it didnt drop or what springs would definitely make it drop?!??
Knew i should have waited to get coilovers!
Cheers.

p.s. love the colour of the 'mera in question by the way. They stock front lights?

chop sneak preview

p1lights-all-mods.jpg

heh and no unfortunatly I cant afford TE37s :rolleyes: They'll be Rota Grids.

Keith, yes mate they are stock front lights. Not sure why your springs were doing that, and as you say normally it takes little while for the springs to settle but if they still havnt...?

Sound good mate thanks. How do they compare to Eibach Pros, as I've read they are good for ride quality and handling? How low will it take me?

Just 30mm mate but it looked spot on when i was running my 18's. See below.

Copy2offastandmodified009.jpg

Car is looking fantastic edk, I hope the lights arrived in good knick??? They really suit your car too, much better than the phase 2's, plus those deflectors look perfect, I'd been looking for a set but the ones I came across were all too bulky, your ones are bang on... When can we expect the front end conversion?

Back
Top Bottom