N16 DCi-R

Fair play Edk, your car looks fantastic, even better than before. the alloys really suit it & I love the mean stance you've now got with the high rear -v- low front end, are you goin to lower the back by much when you have it fitted?

Cheers :) H&R springs are 35mm on both front and rear so the back should drop to meet the tyre like the front, so I'm afraid mate it might loose that stance heh

Looks awsome man :D

The heavyer engine definately makes it easyer to lower, you've got a good mix there.

It's good to see more N16's looking good.

Rear shocks finally on. All sits nice and neat now :cool:
Everything done I want to do with it looks wise now, bar the aus pulsar grille.

How it looked not too long ago:
IMG_1511.jpg

...and now :D

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

to the eagle eyes out there yes the wind deflectors have gone... my n/s one blew off on the motorway :rasp: Came unstuck and then worked it's way loose. I only noticed it was going a few seconds before it left my car. Luckily no one was behind and it landed off road. Also taken the tape off the chrome bits of the grille which I'm now going to paint.

Rears, same H&R 35mm drop with Excel G shocks.

IMG_1867.jpg

This is WELL worth having. Makes using spring compressors MUCH faster.

IMG_1869.jpg

Also, the rear open wheel bearings, I've now put thick plastic over them now with grease to hopefully prevent wearing.
IMG_1870.jpg

Your pads wearing properly on the rear? Disks look a bit weird.

Car sits awsome man. Need to get these two parked up thegether at JAE. 'Mon the 16's!

StevenC said:
Your pads wearing properly on the rear? Disks look a bit weird.Your pads wearing properly on the rear? Disks look a bit weird.
Yeah I thought that Steven. It's going in for a Service and MOT on Tuesday so should know the answer to that.
StevenC said:
Car sits awsome man. Need to get these two parked up thegether at JAE. 'Mon the 16's!
Thanks mate :) Hell yeah they'll look brill next to each other... hey we might even detract some attention from the GTi's?

Ah sorry joke failed on me :rolleyes:

Did find this tho on wiki:
New common rail engines do not need bled as a rule because the low pressure pump in tank bleeds it for you. It is not a good idea to mess around with these engines as the fuel pressure is so high it could seriously hurt or kill you

So no, I wont do it!

Yeh it was a joke, please don't do it.

didnt realise it was you that said it kurt, i only read the last page lol do it ed, then blame kurt :D

quite funny really, while turbosystems were bleed valving every RST, uno turbo and R5 they came across, japan was using avcr's....

Ah sorry joke failed on me :rolleyes:

Did find this tho on wiki:
New common rail engines do not need bled as a rule because the low pressure pump in tank bleeds it for you. It is not a good idea to mess around with these engines as the fuel pressure is so high it could seriously hurt or kill you

So no, I wont do it!

couple of my mates have turned the boost up on old TD's, one is a 306Dturbo, thats seen 20 psi (13/14 standard) the other was mark who has turned boost up on 2 of his astra vans, he's a window cleaner so it was his work van which made it funnier, his first one saw well over 2 bar :D inevitably they both died :D

Back
Top Bottom