N16 DCi-R

49b3d94f657a27f2874a04698c77232d_zps552789e8.jpg

They throw the warning because the ECU notices that the exhaust gas is no longer flowing. Must be a sensor in the valve itself... The blank itself I'm sure is fine (although Cov's thicker one I am more likely to trust), but only use if you can tolerate the warning light and realise that if you have a real problem you might now not spot it. I just unplug my EGR valve, it does the same thing but is easy to plug back in to clear codes. I check codes on a small reader from time to time anyway.
I'm pretty sure it's the map sensor that detects the change in pressure when the egr is open and closed and by blacking it off the pressure does not change. This is why it throws a code.

Hello mate, good to have you back! Take it no JAE this year with the Audi still?

EGR is post MAP sensor Daz so that's not it. I believe there's a temp and or pressure sensor in the EGR valve itself. This would hold up as there are multiple wire going to the valve, i.e. not just signal, power and earth, more than that.

Luckily no DPF on the YD, and the CAT has no sensors so no worries about needing to map it out on the Almera. But yes a lot of modern Diesels need this.

Hello mate, good to have you back! Take it no JAE this year with the Audi still?
sadly I don't have enough time for projects otherwise I would have another Nissan. As for the Audi I sold it and brought another one same shape but in red and Quattro.

Luckily no DPF on the YD, and the CAT has no sensors so no worries about needing to map it out on the Almera. But yes a lot of modern Diesels need this.
yeah too old for dpf which is good. Dpf are one of the biggest killers these day. New dsg's are going to kill cars as well.

Bet you can't wait to jump back in this when its complete, no time wasted in fitting the Miester R's, spotted the red lock ring.

Back
Top Bottom