N16 DCi-R

IMG_8755.jpg

Hey Ed, what paint did you use on your manifold? I like the finish.

IMG_8755.jpg

Hey Ed, what paint did you use on your manifold? I like the finish.

I think you will find that is only a heat shield the manifold would be covered by the shield.

As for type of paint ceramic based paints are good for such items but I'll allow Ed to confirm what he used on his and how well it is doing after all this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you will find that is only a heat shield the manifold would be covered by the shield.

As for type of paint ceramic based paints are good for such items but I'll allow Ed to confirm what he used on his and how well it is doing after all this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops, yep, that's what I meant to say.

Long time bud... hope all is well.

My project will hopefully be getting a easy fast forward due to Liam selling up so will be swapping over some bits from his Only got as far as installing a Hybrid 2 Turbo on mine (done 10k on it already lol).

Look forward to hearing some updates/progress on the legendary DCi-R. ;)

Reactions: edk
Look forward to hearing some updates/progress on the legendary DCi-R. ;)

No updates to speak of I'm afraid. Not sure if there will be any more in future either. I need to decide on what, if anything, I will do with this project now.

NOOO!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Don't say that. :(

After so many years of family life, & owning & accumulating one N16 after the next (total being 12, & currently owning 5). When I've finally tried to pave way to try & make time for finally tuning my car... your thinking of calling it a night. :(:(:(

Sad times indeed, have to give it to you for your persistence & single handedly keeping the N16 platdform alive... or even the 'Almera' name in general. ;)

Have got to give you a big thanks aswell for writing up them numerous threads to help out fellow members like myself. :cool:

Not sure if your message above was pointing towards you thinking of selling up, but if it is... then being able to own your Almera would the greatest honour & would make me a really happy chappy. /gayoc/ xXx

If your message relates to lack of funds for research/development etc, then I can sell some of these sheds & can hopefully assist you in some way, only thing I did was buy a lousy Navara Injector and posted it out to you, hope that seems fair bud.

It's more a lack of time to be honest, and also most money goes back into the business at the moment. Will have to see how things pan out whether I put more money into the N16 or not.

Nothing new I'm afraid. Been off the road since July 2017. So some sort of plans to put it back on the road and sort the issues out (if youve been keeping track), but unsure long term. I do miss it though.

Hey Ed,

hope all is well, and work is busy (I think it is as I've seen some pics on GTR with your markings!!)

What's the latest with this beast, sorry I know your not on here much just like everybody else lol, if you post DCi-R stuff on insta then please could you send your link.

Thanks

Hey Ed,

hope all is well, and work is busy (I think it is as I've seen some pics on GTR with your markings!!)

What's the latest with this beast, sorry I know your not on here much just like everybody else lol, if you post DCi-R stuff on insta then please could you send your link.

Thanks
Nothing to report. It's still not moved since July 2017. Still intent to keep it and run it eventually though. It's not dead, but on hold.

Hello
I have some questions
have any material for sale of the Nissan Almera dci 2.2?
Do I have to replace the clutch, what do I have 190 hp 400 binary on?
Just one more question?
The FCD2 turbosmart was regulated to what pressure, and does it work well?

thankful
Fernando

have any material for sale of the Nissan Almera dci 2.2?
No sorry.
Do I have to replace the clutch, what do I have 190 hp 400 binary on?
I didn't understand all of that translation, but no you will only need to change it if your current clutch is worn. Stock one holds up quite well.
The FCD2 turbosmart was regulated to what pressure, and does it work well?
I've got it to set to hold boost up to 1.6bar at the moment. I will use it to go to 2bar in the future. It's not the best, but it does the job well enough I guess.

Of all the experiences with clutches, which one is best placed is the original?
Black diamond knows if it works well ????
Is FCD2 a good option? or try to change the seat ibiza 130 hp map sensor and change the plug?

What do you think of the solution?
or try with FDC2 ??

Attachments

• lavagem motor fit.jpg
    lavagem motor fit.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 26
  • Nissan Almera 2.2 DCi 136cv.jpg
    Nissan Almera 2.2 DCi 136cv.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20190905-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20190905-WA0009.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 24