N16...glow plug relay for the 2.2 Dci .

Discussion in 'Newbie Section' started by Ameross, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ameross

Ameross

Model:
    Almera DCi 2.2
    Chassis:
    N16
    Hi all,

Cant locate the glow plug relay for the 2.2 Dci .
    Issue car starts when called once hot the car wont start. if i floor it whilst cranking it will eventually start.
    if i leave the car off for more than 2/3 hours it will start however if i switch it off ans on again have to the flooring procedure . so back and forth work no issues as the car is not used for 8hrs.It cold wil start enough for one go.

battery excellent.
    mileage 140,000
    owned it 14yrs love the car

so far when had bad idling in the morning until warmed up saying that the idle is very poor up and down so turn on AC in morning when in traffic jam . once stalled may get another start as the engine is still fairly cold.

MAF, EGR cleaned new filters oil...had a new diesel suction valve 12 months ago all ECU rests done.
    New Top of range Battery. new Glow plugs always use diesel injector cleaner in tank. every single fuse removed cleaned (electrical cleaner )checked .
    the engine relay box is not labelled. is the glow plug relay inside the car?
    i have googled everything even the manual no indication. i belive it can be opened up and cleaned for better contact?

When i turn the ignition on a few times then try to crank it will start just about. so thinking is glow plug relay the issue at the moment alternating the blue relays in the engine relay box.

Noticed the relays click when ignition on position however when car is hot been on a small journey wont start . can crank turnover all day battery brilliant.

when flooring it then cranking take about 4 seconds i stop cranking and let the car catch it revs then fine .

help Please !

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. Ameross

Ameross

Model:
    Almera DCi 2.2
    Chassis:
    N16
    anyone know where i can locate the glow plug relay ? thanks

3. Liam

Liam

Model:
    Burner
    Chassis:
    Oil
    Have you been through the service manuals? Tab at the top of the page, it should be listed in there, try the troubleshooting section.

4. Ameross

Ameross

Model:
    Almera DCi 2.2
    Chassis:
    N16
    tried through the service manuals before posting very difficult to find, some index sections were missing, i will try again as the manuals are not straighforward

5. Liam

Liam

Model:
    Burner
    Chassis:
    Oil
    No worries, I believe there is a supplement 2 for the N16, however it has been a while!

6. Ameross

Ameross

Model:
    Almera DCi 2.2
    Chassis:
    N16
    thanks The idling is much better did use diesel injector cleaner for years, then stopped for about a year when the bad idling was happening. Ater recently using diesel injector cleaner in the tank the idling is at least 80% better,only been 2 full tanks so far. Used Forte Diesel cleaner but some how found the cheaper Redex cleaner much better . Not sure if the Forte Brand help loosen or remove stubborn heavy deposits initially on the 1st tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice