N16 Hatch suspension solutions...

I've got ABS so could be a problem for me. On your pic Extreme which bit is which? sorry I'm a novice :rolleyes:

the thicker line, thats the brake line.

the thiner line, thats the wire for the abs sensor, which has 2 mounting points on the shock. the one on the right you can see, and one at the back, you cant see.

i'm about 90% sure, i wont have much of a problem fitting the teins to the n16.

I do not have ABS.

The K-Sports supplied to me do not have a bracket for the ABS sensor.

They do have a bracket for the brake line.

I do not have ABS.

The K-Sports supplied to me do not have a bracket for the ABS sensor.

They do have a bracket for the brake line.

cheers steve,

that clears a few things up. i was pretty certain you didnt have ABS from looking at photos in the group buy thread. was just checking to see if it was a difference between the aus delivered n16, and the uk n16, but obviously not.

this will be another small issue for anybody fitting the k-sports to an n16 with ABS. but getting brackets made up, shouldnt be much hassle.

the teins do come with this bracket for the ABS sensor. I'm going to order the teins in just under 3 weeks, when i get my next pay.

koni yellows will fit!!!

they are just an insert strut. all you do with these, is grind the top of the strut off, and drill a hole in the bottom, to hold the insert in place.

this will be another small issue for anybody fitting the k-sports to an n16 with ABS. but getting brackets made up, shouldnt be much hassle.

Gotta say this worries me though as I've not got any experience with this kind of thing. Best get a mechanic to do it for me?

koni yellows will fit!!!

they are just an insert strut. all you do with these, is grind the top of the strut off, and drill a hole in the bottom, to hold the insert in place.

How do you know where to drill the hole. I looked at these before I bought My KW's and I didnt feel all that great about spending that dort of money on an Insert Kit. DOnt get me wrong Im sure its very good, but when I asked Euro performance about fitment, and about what was involved in terms of drilling holes in the right place, and how much to grind off the strut etc, i got a bit of an inconclusive reply.

I know you are sayiing you are looking for Dampner adjustment also, however and variant 1s dont have this, but I can honestly say, even they did have it, I would see no reason to change it from the current setting. Its firm but no back breaking, and with the correct tyres drives like its on rails! Body roll is non existent, and the car is positive and precise on corners!

Agreed they are expensive, but then Tein are more so even if a correct Tein fitment could be sourced.

Go for the KW's mate, theyre 1st class! Stainless steel too - No corrosion!:)

How do you know where to drill the hole. I looked at these before I bought My KW's and I didnt feel all that great about spending that dort of money on an Insert Kit. DOnt get me wrong Im sure its very good, but when I asked Euro performance about fitment, and about what was involved in terms of drilling holes in the right place, and how much to grind off the strut etc, i got a bit of an inconclusive reply.

I know you are sayiing you are looking for Dampner adjustment also, however and variant 1s dont have this, but I can honestly say, even they did have it, I would see no reason to change it from the current setting. Its firm but no back breaking, and with the correct tyres drives like its on rails! Body roll is non existent, and the car is positive and precise on corners!

Agreed they are expensive, but then Tein are more so even if a correct Tein fitment could be sourced.

Go for the KW's mate, theyre 1st class! Stainless steel too - No corrosion!:)

honestly, having fitted konis to alot of cars, it is a piece of cake, if you have the right tools.(being an angel grinder, and high powered drill, with good quality drill bit)

as for where to cut, they do come with detailed instructions on how long your strut needs to be. the hole just needs to be in the middle of the bottom of the strut. they also come with a large washer, incase your hole isnt perferctly centered.

I've been looking at the Koni Yellow Sports shocks and they seem to be well rated. My concern at the moment is getting good dampening. The Koni's can provide this but with the K-Sport group buy being what it is (if it kicks off again) the Koni's are only a little bit cheaper. Now I'd have to pay to get the K-Sports properly aligned though so that's more money on top but from what I've heard it's worth it.

What I'd like to know as a final decision maker is whether the softest dampening setting on the K-Sports is as soft was the Koni's. I drive my car everyday and it's going to get more frequent now as I've starting freelancing. I also wouldnt want to drop the ride height any lower than my current setup which is 35mm H&R springs on KYB Excel-G shocks.

Extreme as someone who has used Koni inserts before I would be interesting to know how the K-Sports compare for you once you've got them set up :)

lol sure mate. Although if I get Koni's then I'll be keeping my springs sorry! Either way I'll have the KYB shocks to sell though if you want them?

I've just installed my K-sports. and damn they are good.

i have yet to get an alignment, but bloody hell they are stiff. stiff but good. i got 5/5 springs.

i also have another issue, that isnt related to the k-sports, but lowering in general.(that being my tyres are too wide for the front end of the n16). they scrub like all hell. i may have to flare the guards, or possibly get away with narrower tyres.

Damn, I was worried about that happening to mine (getting fitted on wednesday) as the outside edge of the tyre is flush with the outside of the arch.

Can you let me know your tyre size and wheel offset?

Also, does anyone know what the standard camber settings are for P1 1.8 N16 sport?

Keeping with standard wheel offset pays dividends.

Now running 205 width on 16" 6.5j et45. I have a slight issue with rubbing on the inner wheel arch liner on full lock. It doesn't scrub against the body, but has scrubbed away an indent in the plastic.

I'm not worried about this.

I'm 205 width 55 profile on 16" 7.0j et 42 and have no rubbing issues.

Back
Top Bottom