N16 KYB dampers

I have just posted similar under N15 but we can supply the following dampers for N16. These are Kayaba ( KYB ) dampers which are gas pressurised and about 10% uprated

Front £62.92 each + vat Rear £28.83 each + vat

Regards

Dave Featherstone

Demon Tweeks

01978 663042 [email protected]

thats good money ppl, very cheap! I have a new set of these lying in my garage and they were more than that when i bought them iirc!

Are these inserts or struts?

Aren't the struts supposed to be either cut or modified to house/accommodate uprated shocks?

they are struts.

Yeah I had heard that about Koni inserts, that the strut had to be modified in some way to allow for them to fit. However I ripped an old shock to bits after I heard this (just before i bought my coilovers) out of sheer curiosity to see how you would do this, and i couldnt see how as there are no threads on the inside of the standard strut for the ring nut to screw into to hold the shock in place. So, unless anyone has access to a laith (spelling), or a MASSIVE tap and die set, how do you do it??

Having said all this though I have never seen the inserts, so they may come with an adaptor kit or something. Who knows..

KYB are complete replacement struts so no cutting required. However the Koni dampers do need cutting but they are quite straight forward. You make a cut around the top as per the instructions in the box. You then drill a hole at the bottom of the casing. A bolt goes through into the bottom of the insert and clamps it in. A rubber seal finishes off the cut top to the strut. I have done these on several cars it really is simple as long as you read the instructions first. I hope this helps

Regards

Dave Featherstone

Demon Tweeks

01978 66042 [email protected]

Could anyone post up pics of these? Wouldn't mind having a wee swatch at these... Seen as how the K Sport coilover group buy has fell flat on its cunt...

Well Dazzamundo, the group buy that i had geniusly altered (i realize geniusly isnt a word but it sounds appropriately) the group buy so it would accommodate the following: -

1) N16 and N15 coilovers to be bought in one group purchase with a test set flown out to the lucky guinea pig (which i have all the details of but refuse to do due to a gay ass credit card issuer)

2) You can order the softer spring rates when you place your order to make the ride a bit more compliant rather than you having a Dentist's Discount Card for the amount of times you chip your teeth due to the rock solid ride comfort offered by the default spring rates of 7.5kg at the front and 6kg at the rear.

3) Regardless of N15 or N16, the coilovers would be modified to resolve the rubbing issue by fitting modified bushes at top and bottom of the coilovers.

HOWEVER as i cannot find an AOC member who's willing to discuss and/or go ahead with the offer originally made for me (i would do the test fitting however my card issuer is being dodgy and do not wish to provoke them further by making a large purchase oh so near christmas n all) so as a result the group buy, for now, has fallen flat on its cunt...

davefeath said:
I have just posted similar under N15 but we can supply the following dampers for N16. These are Kayaba ( KYB ) dampers which are gas pressurised and about 10% uprated

Front £62.92 each + vat Rear £28.83 each + vat

Regards

Dave Featherstone

Demon Tweeks

01978 663042 [email protected]

Still same prices for 2008 !

Back
Top Bottom