N16 P2 Lights

Darren198712

Just chillin'
I was wondering how do you take apart the front head lights and how do you take apart the rear lights of a N16 Phase 2. I am thinking of tinting it out or spraying the red bits of the rear lights black to match my car a bit more.

thanks darren

StuN16Sport said:
p2 lights in general are bad for condensation. i wouldnt attempt either imo.
there was a recall on them. Nissan fitted these for free for me not sure if the new P2 lights have condensation inside them. I need to do the rear lights not the front really

On a similar note, having trouble finding a website selling decent tail lights. Seen plenty of you guys out there with decent lookng tail lights so can someone point me in the right direction please?

And Daz, I had a garage pull my tail lights apart and tint them, not had a problem with condensation to be honest, and can't honestly say it was a thorough job. I can find out what they did for you in about a week if no one gets you a better answer?

Longey said:
And Daz, I had a garage pull my tail lights apart and tint them, not had a problem with condensation to be honest, and can't honestly say it was a thorough job. I can find out what they did for you in about a week if no one gets you a better answer?
please mate if you don't mind. The red stands out a bit too much on the car.

i found a black set of euro lights on ebay going for bout £90. looked pretty good imo and the wirings the same so straight swap.

i changed my fronts to the black p2 lights (had to do a bit of wiring modification and cut a bit of the slam panel out to fit as the indicators clipped into it originally but now its a 1piece it fouled on it)

take your time and it DOES look good.

from wot i know the p2 lights after the recall had air holes put into it so the condensation can escape,

had my lights on thru winter and now summer and havent had any probs.

hmmm I think there was 2 recalls one for the head light and one for the window regulator

they still have not fixed the window regulator on the N16's I don't think they will ever fix it as the N16's are discontinued now

Back
Top Bottom