N16 P2 Stereo

Just bought myselfe an almera -04, and i must say that the original speakers sucks...

Is it possible to replace the original speakers and keep the stereo with a good result or do you have to exchange the whole set? Seems kind of hard to mess with the original one... I cant buy a subwoofer since i need the trunk for my dog. Any suggestions?

the radio can not be change unless its a S model or a basic model without the screen. the speakers on the front are 6.5" (17cm) so you need to make brackets from MDF. you can buy brackets I think they are vauxhall ones but they are not a direct fit so MDF is the best option. if you have a S model or basic model you can change the radio by buying a facia and Nissan-ISO. otherwise you need to cut the original panel and if you want to put it back to original its about £80 from the scrap yard. anyway hope this helps PM me you want :-)

Darren: it helped, but thats not what i want to hear, since i have that screen =(

Does the stereo have enough output to drive a pair of good 6.5" ?
And how about the speakers in the trunk, no idea in upgrading those i guess?

Not change Radio
buy a speaker wires to RCA Kit
Change Speakers on the front with custom brackets
amplify speakers

To Change Radio
cut dash so will fit a single din radio
then change speakers with custom brackets and comp speakers

That's interesting that you say that, because I'm sure that the standard sound was better in my P1 N16 than my recently acquired P2 N16. Anyone know if the they are different between phases or are my ears hearing things?!

edk: i agree, in the p2 the backspeakers have been replaced with something that sounds like old nintendo gameboy speakers.

Darren: english isnt my native language so i gotto ask, youre saying that the original stereo is really sucky and to get it to properly run a couple of good 6.5" i need to connect a amplifyer between the stereo and the speakers right?

you can change you speakers

or
change your speakers amplify the speakers

or
change your radio and modify it into the dash by cutting and change speakers and (amplifying them if you wish)

we have had customers complain about the P2 OEM speakers, and have on occasion fitted 6x9 in th rear shelf! the standard head unit will run these well enough and sound much better. the p2 standard speakers do indeed lack a little quality. Can i ask though - On your stereo in the the audio settings menu, is 'Loudness' set to 'ON'?

StuN16Sport said:
we have had customers complain about the P2 OEM speakers, and have on occasion fitted 6x9 in th rear shelf! the standard head unit will run these well enough and sound much better. the p2 standard speakers do indeed lack a little quality. Can i ask though - On your stereo in the the audio settings menu, is 'Loudness' set to 'ON'?
thats true I have
loudness is on
Bass is -3 (or -2 i fogotten)
Terbel is +3(or +2 I fogotten)

i have loudness on, bass and trebel +5...
Even when doing max volume (31) i dont think the sound is so loud, so i figured the stereo probably wouldnt handle a better set of speakers. But i'll give it a try before getting an amp.

I ripped out the two rear speakers. Run an adapter from the connections of those two speaks to a 1500W Amp, output audio from that amp runs to a 750W amp. The 1500 amp runs a 15" sub which is currently sat loose in a bass box in the boot (falls over if I slam on the brakes...) and the 750W runs a set of Alpine 6x9's sat on the parcel shelf.

If you do anything similar you need to fade the speakers to Forward 3, Bass +5, Treble +1. (there is no loudness setting on mine). With the forward fade the volume at 21-24/31 pretty much maxes out the front speakers but they can be heard in unison with the gear in the back.

I plan to change the speakers in the front doors so they can handle the max stereo output, but I won't amp them.

Remote cable by the way, which has been the biggest pain of my life and I've changed it several times now (having had to buy a new battery last week for £80 coz the amps were running when the engine/ignition was off and killed the thing).

I now run the remote cable from the fuse box down to the bottom right of the steering column (that little storage pot can be pulled out to expose the fuse box). The remote cable is plugged in to one of the ignition fuses, I forget which, and then runs to a switch fitted into the top of that storage pot thing you remove, just in case. When switched on a red led I fitted to the ash try lights up to make sure when I switch the engine off I can see if the amps are still running.

Holy wall of text, sorry. But the above hopefully shows how unworkable/difficult the fitted stereo on the N16 is! :mad: ;)

you should of got a ignition from the radio. but fuse box sounds fine. also for the front speakers they are 6.5" (17cm) you will need to make custom brackets for them.

I got a 'D' for GCSE woodwork or whatever its called... :lol: These MDF brackets might come out funny... maybe I should stick with the standards. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom