N16 R34 Bumper Mod

You won't be able to return it to standard very easily once all the mounting points are modified

You won't be able to return it to standard very easily once all the mounting points are modified

This is true. To reverse the process properly you'll need 2 new wings and a front panel. Well worth pointing out at this stage.

This is true. To reverse the process properly you'll need 2 new wings and a front panel. Well worth pointing out at this stage.

I was just making a point to bring it to standard, but like I said its a keeper.

Just get on and get it done so this thread can be spread round the internet and we can get some hits...

Hits..? But I thoughts... Looks like Spook may have restored the faith. :)

I'm gonna give you sound advice from a "been there done that" perspective.

Don't spiral into debt for modifying a car... you just stated back there you already owe for the car and for the headlights, modifying with a credit card is a mugs game - which i learned the hard way. if i hadn't bombed 2 credit cards and a loan fucking about with expensive shit i had no right owning i would probably have my own house by now. but instead I spent a year working 80 hour weeks to clear my feet of 6 grand of debt that I have nothing to show for.

I would seriously consider it long and hard if I were you, as wasting (yes, wasting) that amount of money is going to have a long term detriment on your finances and should anything happen like a front ender or anything you are gonna be further in the hole.

Hits..? But I thoughts... Looks like Spook may have restored the faith. :)

no I mean when it goes viral like the guy who put energy drink in his motorbike thinking it was octane booster, or the guy who tried to change his oil and decided to flush his engine out whilst it was running buy putting the garden hose in it. or the guy who tried to port his intake manifold by revving the engine and letting it suck sand through..

those kind of hits :)

^wisdom right ther from Ross.

It will cost you the same to buy clutch, fly and hybrid. Lemme break it down for you:

£351 - SMF Fly
£373 - Clutch
£500 - Hybrid stage2 (guess)
£450 - Remap
_____
£1,674

Bumper:

£700 - Lights
£1000 - modifications (+unforeseen)
____
£1,700+

I can tell you that the former will give you MUCH more enjoyment of the car...

Thanks for the advice bud, I don't believe in credit cards it was money from mates, & the cars been paid already! :)

You play a dangerous game borrowing from mates. Will you consider doing the engine mods instead of the bumper? You can always do the bumper after if money is left once you've paid people off?

True.. I was going to anyway. :p

I just got the stupid lights because they were going cheap at £500 deliverd but them customs. :(

Crazy. It could have bought any one of those things on the engine mod list.

Maybe you should consider staying on the bumper only, it would save you time and money, doing the lights, wings and other things destroys Almera looks completely, you would have a skyline front on the hatch, can't image hows that gonna look. On the other side doing the bumper with JDM grille and everything else the same could work out pretty well.

I'd suggest going from direct skyline front swap to more skyline inspired front.

Reactions: edk
Its ashame you couldn't have told us about the lights before buying them could have saved you £££

Just do the EDK front end spend rest on enjoying the car :)

seems legit

00002262.jpg

Its ashame you couldn't have told us about the lights before buying them could have saved you £££

Just do the EDK front end spend rest on enjoying the car :)

You don't seem to get that whatever advice he is given he ignores anyway..

Back
Top Bottom