N16 Rear Brakes and headlights.

Having a bit of a problem getting some rear shoes for my Almera 1.5.
Seeems to be that a N16 Almera with rear drums is rare and can't seem to get any hubs or shoes from the local factors.

Also, does anyone know if the PH2 N16 headlights will fit the PH1 model without and major modifaction?

Thanks,
Rob

Sparcoxs said:
Having a bit of a problem getting some rear shoes for my Almera 1.5.
Seeems to be that a N16 Almera with rear drums is rare and can't seem to get any hubs or shoes from the local factors.

Also, does anyone know if the PH2 N16 headlights will fit the PH1 model without and major modifaction?

Thanks,
Rob
have you tried tighten the hand brake cable first before changing it ?

also the Phase 2 head lights are not hard to change over at all there is a guide on here some where.
the main problem is wiring apart and the bumper requires cutting a bit to get the head light in.

The problem is that there are 3 seperate shoes available. Get the code off them and order. I had to go through Nissan directly to get mine, but a local kwik fit said he could get them too...

I had a set of phase 2 headlights in the house however i sold them as i couldnt be assed doing them...

If you have the connectors that plug into the headlights then i'd say that's half the battle as the headlight adjuster units are renault items!! Plus the sockets are different to those in the phase 1...

But if you have the money and/or talent then i suppose it could work...

TallPaul86 said:
I had a set of phase 2 headlights in the house however i sold them as i couldnt be assed doing them...

If you have the connectors that plug into the headlights then i'd say that's half the battle as the headlight adjuster units are renault items!! Plus the sockets are different to those in the phase 1...

But if you have the money and/or talent then i suppose it could work...
just PMed you on this lol totaly forgotten you sold them

piss easy to do I would say drill a hole on the back of the lights and silicon it to keep the water out and then also just find the wires using a fuse tester. finding the wires would take me no longer then 30 mins. If you upgrade to HID's as well it would be easier but take slighly longer not because of the wiring because of hiding the wiring

my almera has drums on the back. I would like to go to a scrappy and get a rear axle which has disk brakes on them and swap them with my car but i dont know how big a job that is.

chan268 said:
my almera has drums on the back. I would like to go to a scrappy and get a rear axle which has disk brakes on them and swap them with my car but i dont know how big a job that is.
I don't think its that hard need some new disks and pads brake fluid and hand break cable and 4x axel stands or a ramp and I guess its pretty much straight forward.

Darren198712 said:
I don't think its that hard need some new disks and pads brake fluid and hand break cable and 4x axel stands or a ramp and I guess its pretty much straight forward.

Haha, the axle bushes are fun!!

Back
Top Bottom