N16 Seats

• Thread starter Thread starter mystical
  • Start date Start date
M

mystical

Hey.. I have a 2003 Almera dci (136).. and man do I find the seats uncomfortable :rasp:

Now my question is, how hard would it be to retro fit some recaro seats for the front driver and front passenger?

Would it need a whole new frame etc?

yeah almera seats are totally piss poor, they are rubbish in fact. You would need to buy subframes which adapt the seat to fit your car, these are available through most good automotive parts retailers and the like. also try the internet. If you are handy with a welder you could make your own subframes and a lot of people do this.

The biggst issue is with the airbag connetor (the yellow plug under your seat). if this is disconnectd the airbag light will come on and the airbags in your car will cease to work while this plug is disconnected. If you can live without airbags then this isnt an issue of course. I believe you can get a resistor to plug into the connector which fools the ECU into believeing that the seat airbags are still there although i have never seen this and i would love to know how it works to be honest.

Hope this is of some help.

The Airbag ECU checks that the airbags are still there through the resistance in the circuit, add the right size resistor, and it will assume it's an airbag!

Back
Top Bottom