N16 Stereo Removal

danishbear

Dan Schlinder
Hi guys, have any of you removed the stereo from the N16 and fitted a new fascia?

My Sister owns an N16 and wants me to fit a non-factory stereo and fascia for her, but i can see where to start....

Any info would be great!!

Cheers!

Just as a side note. I notice that in the guide, which is excellent btw!!, that it is a one piece facia adpater that has been used. Avaliable from Nissan Dealers are the two piece ones which are of better quality, can be ordered in the same colour as your dash, and fit better. Also they arent all that mor expensive.

I can give you details of this if your interested in looking for one.

I'm interested!

My one-piece fascia has never quite fitted right, just a mm or so gap but would prefer a 'perfect fit'.

I dont like the two piece fascia. I had to get three 1 piece adapters before I got the right color lol, worth it tho.

Another thing the guide doesnt mention is that if you us a stereo cage, remember you will need to run a proper earth from your stereo as the cage it's self will not earth.

StevenC said:
I dont like the two piece fascia. I had to get three 1 piece adapters before I got the right color lol, worth it tho.

Another thing the guide doesnt mention is that if you us a stereo cage, remember you will need to run a proper earth from your stereo as the cage it's self will not earth.

well spotted, i hadnt noticed that. Dont do a halfords special though, and thake the earth from the illumination wire for the dash display! (Yeah, their 'technician' did that) It fucks the BCM! lol

the aerial would be a earth how ever a proper earth will be better but does not matter if your not having a heavy install

That's pretty cool but has anyone replaced the ICE on a facelift n16 with the screen? Mines an SE so the CD/Radio display is on the readout on the dash. I'm not so much interested in upgrading the CD player but more interested in adding Ipod connectivity without going FM modulator route.
Cheers
Marty

That's pretty cool but has anyone replaced the ICE on a facelift n16 with the screen? Mines an SE so the CD/Radio display is on the readout on the dash. I'm not so much interested in upgrading the CD player but more interested in adding Ipod connectivity without going FM modulator route.
Cheers
Marty

hmmm I did some research for you and you can get a IO player. I had a look at Auxilliary input and ipod interfaces and can't find anything but the IO player works with virtually anything. (as long as the radio runs straight to the speakers and not to a amp) im 99% sure that this will work.

what happens if you dont run an independant earth? also whats BCM stu?
nothing should happen if you don't run a independant earth as it should be earth though the aerial but if its not earthed though the aerial the radio will not turn on.

im wondering what BCM is too

I can give you details of this if your interested in looking for one.

I would be interested from where to get the proper ones, as so far got two from ebay ... both are black (my dash grey-ish) :( is there anyone who can post nissan part numbers for this fascias? or any link where to get genuine nissan replacements ? Thanks for help.

i have done mine now fascia matches color wise only thing ive found is you cnat use a cage they dont fit you mount your headunit on the metal bracket the old one is on so make sure your stereo has holes for it and also the suround for the headunit wont fit so you have a slight gap at front not to bad though

i have done mine now fascia matches color wise only thing ive found is you cnat use a cage they dont fit you mount your headunit on the metal bracket the old one is on so make sure your stereo has holes for it and also the suround for the headunit wont fit so you have a slight gap at front not to bad though

to make my surrpund stay on i put a small piece of blue tac in each corner. worked a treat. and looks much better than not having the facia.

if you used the cage bolts rather than a cage you owould not need an earth as earlier said. the stereo will earth through the cage brackets, although it will not work out of place. the stereo must be sitting in place for the earth to get good contact.

problem i got is the indent in the fascia is smaller than my suround so wont actually fit in there was thinking of cutting my suround a bit to fit in there

Back
Top Bottom