N16 Tailgates

Does anyone know if the tailgates from N16 fit any years model? I have a V reg N16, and need a new tailgate due to a nasty patch of rust. Been quoted about £100 including delivery, but don't want one that doesn't fit (obviously).

as addz says mate i think there all the same but not 100%. the reason i say i think there the same is because you can put the phase 2 n16 lights straight in the phase 1 so if it weren't there'd be a gap or not enough room round the panel.

Visually, the only difference I can see is that there is no lock, whereas on the existing door there is.

Bingo, that's the only difference :) Reason is I think that in the phase 2s they introduced first click on the remote central locking to only unlock the driver's door. Two clicks and it'll do all the locks.

So, the boot would open if I used the central locking, or opened the drivers door? The remote locking on the keys stopped working a while ago, and I don't want to shell out getting them sorted at Nissan....

Yup that's right.
It will still unlock as normal when you open the drivers door as long as the central locking still all works that way. It just means you won't be able to unlock the boot independently.

Bingo, that's the only difference :) Reason is I think that in the phase 2s they introduced first click on the remote central locking to only unlock the driver's door. Two clicks and it'll do all the locks.

My one is programmed to open all of the locks on the first click, don't know why though.

im pretty sure they are all the same I can get a tailgate for about 30-40 quid. I need the glass from one as when they welded the hole for my boot (window wiper) the fine sparks landed on the window and stuck onto the window so they can't tint it properly (tint rips) so I need a new glass. (hence I have not got my rear window tinted yet) let me know if you are getting rid of the old one :)

where are you getting a tailgate for 30-40 quid? All the quote I've been getting are for £100 inc. delivery. Thats why the one on ebay looks attractive, even considering the minor dent. It would still look better than the rust I have on mine.

a local scap yard so its not brand new but I don't think they got silver. also its for a phase 1. last time I quoted was 30 or 40 quid I remember it not being any more then 50 quid.

just found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-NISSAN-ALMERA-TAILGATE-COMPLETE-SILVER_W0QQitemZ160330472266QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item160330472266&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

if it fits, I'm havin' it....

yeah, I thought so, so I assume that it wouldn't fit. Also can't see from the pic whether it has the high level stop lamp on. Just scouring the interwebs for another.......

Back
Top Bottom