New brakes, but what chuffing calipers do I have?!

brakies.jpg

The GTi pads are smaller, discs are the same, so I fitted those.

I took down the part number on the pads, they're Nissan ones, but they need changing soon (maybe 500 miles).

Oh, and the discs aren't black anymore :p

Didn't check to be honest.

Alan says they are the number you quoted.

"The following are additions made by Autech:

AD22VF Front calipers"

The powder coating stopped me from stopping!

I drove 10 miles and it was gone, when it was on I couldn't slow down :eek:

Shame I couldn't use the pads aswell, but the discs seem alot better than the Nissan ones, which I think were slightly warped and worn pretty heavily.

they dont stay black at all!

They will warp quicker than nissan ones.

Was not impressed with them.

I still have them on now as old set warped and had these ones skimmied.

look familiar for some reason, could well be the same as the ones on the front of mine, AD22 calipers iirc.

if i get chance between 6th form, work and university applications over the next few days il dig my old pads out of the garage and get a few pictures, they do seem to be familiar though.

Benskett said:
These AD22VF Front calipers, are they the stock Almera GTi ones?

Yeah, stock almera GTi, sunny GTi and GTiR front calipers

I bought some for my car, gave the bloke at the desk my reg number and all details and it took 3 boxes for him to get suitable pads, take one out and go to whereever you're buying them as traditionally speakng the kind of people at parts departments etc are usually pretty... how shall i say, less informed?

br3n said:
I bought some for my car, gave the bloke at the desk my reg number and all details and it took 3 boxes for him to get suitable pads, take one out and go to whereever you're buying them as traditionally speakng the kind of people at parts departments etc are usually pretty... how shall i say, less informed?

Look here you - You sold me a car that gets on my tits lol

It's like, "find the right part for your car, knowone else knows, not even Nissan, but hey, it's all fun"

:lol:

i 'think' they might be rear ones, might be wrong, i cant remember what they look like tho, but they look a bit smaller than the front ones..

Back
Top Bottom