new but with a problem !

S

skell

hello Im new..just got a 98 gti..used to own a corrolla gti . got a slight problem.diconnected the battery without disconnecting the N.A.T.S system..and now my fob wont work?(the light on the fob works) is has a red and a blue button..when I open the doors with the key..the indicators flash periodically and I can still start her up.with the indicators flashing??.The red Led on the dash is constantly flashing ?can anyone tell me what the problem might be ? Ive only had the car for one week !! Thanks.. Skell !!

skell said:
hello Im new..just got a 98 gti..used to own a corrolla gti . got a slight problem.diconnected the battery without disconnecting the N.A.T.S system..and now my fob wont work?(the light on the fob works) is has a red and a blue button..when I open the doors with the key..the indicators flash periodically and I can still start her up.with the indicators flashing??.The red Led on the dash is constantly flashing ?can anyone tell me what the problem might be ? Ive only had the car for one week !! Thanks.. Skell !!

dead easy, i think u will just have to do a simple reprograming of ur alarm, i will look fo it and put it up on here in a min mate...

ps :welcome:

thanks mate.. I will check avery wire just in case..as the indicators flash without the sounder sounding ! wouldnt have thought I could start the motor if the alarm is engaged.!? but I dont know anything about alarms ..so im just guessing ! thanks again..skell

when my alarm messed up i reprogrammed mine and it worked straight away, hope i works for u if not give me a shout, if ur in the midlands and not to far from derby then i could have a look for u mate?

The reason you can start the car is that the immobilize system is build into the key, the little red chip in the end. This is factory fitted as standard. The alarm which is NA not NATS is a add-on to the factory equipment NATS. Depending on what alarm unit is fitted some look for a NATS signal at the alarm unit and will either turn the system off or cut the sound. This is done in case you have a faulty remote. If some one tries to start the vehicle with a key that isn't programmed to the car the alarm will keep sounding. If you are getting no sound at all from the alarm you may need to get the siren/system checked out.

hello..thanks for the advice..ive checked all the fuses and tried to check as many wires as i could find around the engine bay..everything seems to be in order.!?is there a way I can dissable the alarm to stop the indicators from flashing.just until I can get the problem sorted.? there must be a fault somewhere as the led indicator on the dash is flashing none stop !! as the fob will not reset the alarm is there a manual way to do it ?? Thanks again ..skell

hi. cant see master written on the fob..but it is a bit worn..!. Thanks..

The Master only has a RED button not a blue one as well. Without the Master fob you can't reprogramme your remotes!!!!

oh great ! thanks..the only fob ive got has a red and a blue button. so i must not have a master !.If I knew a bit more about alarms I would disconnect the alarm itself !! anyway..thanks for your help.. Skell

The alarm control unit is in front of the gear stick in the centre console. Try disconnecting it and see what happens. Siren if it is working may go mad for a bit.

Oh well..Ive tried everything !! disconnected the alarm and reconnected it..tested all fuses.. fob won work !!probably all it needs to reset ite alam? any idea how much a new master fob might cost ? the only thing thats stopping me from using the car is the indicators flash..can anyone tell me where the flasher unit is located..so i can pull it out ?? tried it without the hazard fuses and indicator fuses but it still flashes ?thnks again..any advice will be helpful..cheers..Skell

The alarm is connected to the hazard light switch via a T-piece connector. you could try disconnecting it there.
The Master Fob only comes with a new alarm control unit and costs around £100...

ok thanks for all your help..ive pulled the connection and it seems to have worked.didnt realise the alarm unit has its own relay unit! oh well at least i know now..evrything is working now except the alarm !!even the flashing led is still flashing (at nromal speed now)no sounder went off..so the problem might be in that area..ill have to get it looked at by someone who knows.. Thanks again.. Skell

Tech1_uk said:
The Master only has a RED button not a blue one as well. Without the Master fob you can't reprogramme your remotes!!!!

So without the master....you are fucked?
i found mine in the boot of my car the otherday

fobs and chips please

Tech1_uk said:
The alarm is connected to the hazard light switch via a T-piece connector. you could try disconnecting it there.
The Master Fob only comes with a new alarm control unit and costs around £100...[/ hello..so if i loose the key with the red chip in it Im stuffed..? can you get a new key programmed to the same chip ? Thanks Skell

You can get a new key ok. As i've said before the alarm is a add-on to the nats system. If you don't have the master fob you can't programme any remote to the alarm system. The coding of the keys is done by Nissan using a consult. just look at it as 2 different systems :)

Back
Top Bottom