New Car. I don't Have An Almera Now..

..I have two.

..at least for a while. I'll be selling the red one at some point soon.

Not had much of a chance to drive the new one, been too busy fighting with a spinning front-seat bolt, swapping in the leather seats, running wiring for the sub and so on but based on the few dozen miles I've put in I like it.

Doesn't sound as awesome as the red one (I'm going to miss the sound of those downshifts!) but at least my ears have stopped bleeding. Has the same power but feels a bit less raw and seems smoother at lower revs. Needs a couple of things fixed but not planning on doing much to it in the immediate future.

Will edit this into a proper member's rides thread when I'm less exhausted and sore.

Apologies to anyone who believed that I would buy a 56bhp French shopping trolley :p

You sly dog

based on what almeras are worth id say keep the red on for spare parts if you can looks like you have the garage space ;)

Good for CV/Driveshafts which are buggery to find & rape prices from Nissan

I thought about that Eddie but I'd rather someone else enjoy it as much as I have.
That's my parent's garage and it's full so no space to store it anyway.

Rob, the wheels are Integra Type R replicas.

god I love those wheels...so SO much

VZR skirts...

They are nice wheels but I can't get the image of white banded steelies out my head.

TBH I'm not a fan of VZR styling. Curves on the rear lights narrow the rear, grille and skirts are too curvaceous for the shallow N15 curves (would be intresting to see the various skirts in a wind tunnel to see if any have a positive effect on reducing under-body airflow at achievable speeds).

I'm thinking banded steelies or simple, deep-dish alloys, ph2 rears, black 2-slat grille, de-re-sticker, medium rear window tints and remove non-functional cosmetic mods (not a fan of unneccessary 'carbon fibre') But I'm going to give it some time to see if the VZR stuff grows on me.

You say curves on the VZR lights abit to much for the shallow curves of the N15 body overall, but the ph2 lights are abit bubble butt styling in themselves lol. What about ph1 rears or even Lucino ph1 rears if feeling flush :)

Absolutely right, I meant ph1 rears.

I had considered going down the blue/orange route. Orange bulges, side repeaters and banded/deep dish but the wheels woukd have to be exactly the right shade of orange to work.

Repsol orange...

Orangerim1.jpg

I have a clean euro ph1 inner here going to waste in the shed..... also some not so clean ph1 lucino outers. No use to me on a saloon ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom