New member looking for advice on 1997 SRI

Discussion in 'Newbie Section' started by Donald Edwards, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Donald Edwards

Donald Edwards

Model:
    SRI
    Chassis:
    JN1FCAN15U0103964
    Hi all, thanks for having me!
    I jhoined the forum on behalf of my Dad who is the owner of a 97 reg SRi 5 door . He's thinking of changing the car as he's now 80+ and struggles a bit to get in and out a bit so wants someting shorter and a bit taller!
    The car is prertty well mint with only approx 70,000 n the clock. He bought it as an ex demo car from brand new.
    I suppose my question is this - is it worth anything? Do people still want these as a collectors car or as something to customise. It seems such a shame to scrap the car when it might be of value to someone!

2. Liam

Liam

Model:
    Burner
    Chassis:
    Oil
    Welcome.

It all depends on how rusty it is really, they have a tendancy to rust inside the sills and rear arches which isnt noticable until its too late and if left its very time consuming/costly to repair.

Unfortunately they arent really collectable. A clean car with good MOT will probably go for somewhere between 500-800, potentially more if it really is rust free.

Hope this helps a little.

3. Donald Edwards

Donald Edwards

Model:
    SRI
    Chassis:
    JN1FCAN15U0103964
    Cheers, It's been garraged virtually every night andIt appears to be 99% rust fee with a full MOT & new battery too :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice