New person saying hello.

Hey, just bought me a GTI yesterday, for not alot of dong. Anyway I'm Marc, im 21 and from Peterborough, had a long line of German cars, mostly Mk2 Golf's and E30 BMW's, my first jap motor so really looking forwards too it. Also good friends with Mr Stamper who I believe is a member on here.

I bought the car beacuse I think its a hell of alot of motor, for next to no money. Also, when I was 10 the Almera came out, and I begged my Grandad to buy one, but he couldnt afford it. I think its fate. :roll::lol:

Anyway, some pictures, of the car not me. This is the part where I find out its a dog lol.

qeqhBG0KGrHgoOKkMEjlLmVuSBKRMt0pZw_.jpg

qerBewW0KGrHgoOKioEjlLmfBoYBKRMuo7S.jpg

qerC4m0KGrHgoOKjUEjlLmUhVfBKRMvC0sg.jpg

qerDSgBW0KGrHgoOKigEjlLmJg8nBKRMvKY.jpg

thats pretty damb nice actualy!
common problems to watch are rust in the arches and rear seatbelt mounting points and the heater only working on full or nothing. become a paid member and a whole load of info is at ur finger tip, its well worth the money.

oh one last thing, welcome to the aoc!

Oh balls lol.

Its got tiny patches of rust on the rear arches... I can sort that out easily so it doesnt bother me, its only surface atm.

But you said about the heater... it only works on full! Was hoping it would just be the switch or resistor.

I plan on becoming a full member too!

best get the rust done sooner rather than later! surface rust aint too bad but better get it done before winter! as for the heater it is just the resistor card . head under dash on passenger footwell and its two screws and a loom. bout 30-40 from nissan or whatever from scrappy or here.

Hi Marc, welcome to the AOC.

Where exactly is the rust, on the outside or inside?

As Squeak says, pull the boot carpets out & check the panels, also remove the 2 grey strengthening plates (be careful when removing the bolts, at least one WILL snap) & check the top mounts beneath, as they have been known to split. ;)

Also, re. the resistor card, look in the for sale section, as there are a few GTis being broken at the mo.

Rust is on the outside, had a good feel and a poke (ooerr) and its solid behind the arch, pretty happy with that.

I bought the car in a bit of a rush tbh, didnt think to look into problems at all really! I'll check the belt mounts asap, I can weld, so if it can be done inside the car im not worried at all, afternoons work I guess, its just upside down welding I HATE!!!!!!!

Good to hear about the resistor card lol, was thinking it might be a dash out nightmare or something to sort!

Welcome to the AOC :)

About the resistor card, I'm looking into getting some high power resistors to fix them properly for good, I'll keep you updated when I've got it sorted if you like :)

Ahh sweet! Thanks very much.

Just really looking into the GTI's more now, really excited about picking mine up tomorrow. Seems they are really underrated cars, everyone who's owned one is raving them.

Also, seems like there is no real "club scene" with them, just a bunch of decent people, unlike some of the clubs I used to go on with the VW's and BMW's.. :lol:

Yeah baby! Marc here is a brother from another mother who knows the SR20 is the way forward!

Good to have you on board Marc :D You've made the right decision!

I'd be the Mr Stamper Marc's referring to, I had blonde highlights and then everyone and myself decided I'm like a fat version of the baddy Mr Stamper from Tomorrow Never Dies!

Yeah baby! Marc here is a brother from another mother who knows the SR20 is the way forward!

Good to have you on board Marc :D You've made the right decision!

I'd be the Mr Stamper Marc's referring to, I had blonde highlights and then everyone and myself decided I'm like a fat version of the baddy Mr Stamper from Tomorrow Never Dies!

alright boss!

that gti has a nice stance though marc, looks lowered. saved you some more moolah!

Welcome mate it looks a beauty! You will enjoy the GTi honestly ive had 2 and i love them! Get yourself to JAE big Jap car show theres alot of us that go! Meeting the lads on here is really good and you could also poke round our cars for ideas!

Hi mate, I've just joined aswell and my first post looks strangely like your original thread. mmmm ....

Ah well I hope going from euro to jap is the way forward, is it wrong to make i jap look like a euro ride? (ie slammed, smooth with small shiny rims)

Back
Top Bottom