Newbie Almera Owner.

Have had my fair share of cars in the past, never had a Almera until now. ( had a Tino for a short spell)
Its an 2006, 3 dr, 1.5 manual in anonymous dark grey.
Its got just over 45k on the clock and I figure a couple of thousand or less left on the clutch.
Was my ex's , she now has a company car and had used this for several years just doing town work.

Apart from that, having to top the brake fluid up and getting a code for the radio (shame on you Nissan for wanting to charge £60 in manhours to help sort it out!) the only other thing is the tailgate struts are depleted so for now a bespoke piece of wood serves my purpose!

I am loving the MPG, getting about 40-45mpg - so much difference to the C70 which was 25-30 at best.

Its got a slippery clutch in 3rd and 4th when you're plodding along and drive your toe down the revs go up and it behaves like an automatic. Having said that I've taken it up one of the steepest roads I can find and it got up there in 2nd.

Lowest quote i've had online is £260 for a clutch which i figure isnt bad ( worst so far is about£400) . I was wondering if there was a talented Almera owner in the area that has done them before and wanted the work.
( I'm in Kent)

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 13.59.54.png Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 14.00.43.png

Cars Ive had - so you know the type of person you're dealing with:

1st : Bond Bug 700cc
2nd: Reliant Scimitar SE5a 3.0 manual
3rd: Vauxhall Carlton 2.6 Manual
4th: Nissan 200sx S14 1.8 turbo Manual
5th: MGZR 1.4 Manual
6th: Rover 25 1.5 Manual
7th: Volvo 480 Turbo 1.8 ( currently still in garage awaiting a rescusitation)
8th: Hyundai Elantra ( shivers at the thought of the memory)
9th: Nissan Almera Tino
10th: Volvo V40 2.0 Manual ( did about 50k in this)
11th: Volvo C70 2.0 LPT( done about 60k so far - awaiting a refresh )

Hope thats a bit of an introduction. Nice to see cars being appreciated :)

All the best

Back
Top Bottom