newbie - changin up from P1 - P2

Hi,
Today I sold the N16 YD22di Sport+ & tomorrow I collect a N16 YD22dci SXE.
Looking forward to a romping 2hr drive from Plymouth to North Devon....
I thought i'd share some photos of my (old) Almera - She served me many miles having done 164k on original engine & g/box!
When sold there was a loud rattle on lift of (engine not loaded) but not acceleration & a little overheat when pushed for extended periods!

Attachments

• 6CD IN DASH & CASSETTE.jpg
    6CD IN DASH & CASSETTE.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 36
  • BUMPER.jpg
    BUMPER.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 34
  • MILEAGE.jpg
    MILEAGE.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Nissan Almera 2.2 Sport+ 2.jpg
    Nissan Almera 2.2 Sport+ 2.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Nissan Almera 2.2 Sport+ front qtr.jpg
    Nissan Almera 2.2 Sport+ front qtr.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Nissan Almera 2.2 Sport+ front.jpg
    Nissan Almera 2.2 Sport+ front.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Nissan Almera 2.2 Sport+ rear .jpg
    Nissan Almera 2.2 Sport+ rear .jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Nissan Almera 2.2 Sport+ rear qtr.jpg
    Nissan Almera 2.2 Sport+ rear qtr.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 37
  • Nissan Almera tdi Sport+ side profile.jpg
    Nissan Almera tdi Sport+ side profile.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 38
  • OPEN & TILT SUNROOF.jpg
    OPEN & TILT SUNROOF.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 36
I wanna see the censored boot sticker/badge lol, hope all goes well with the dci enjoy the drive home playing with all the interior toys ;)

I wanna see the censored boot sticker/badge lol, hope all goes well with the dci enjoy the drive home playing with all the interior toys ;)

Theres no enjoyment to be had using the P2 climate control system, its a stupid design. Using the same buttons for Audio and Climate, it must be Renault.

Reactions: edk
What's up with the apparently disappearing arrows on the front bumper and wing mirror?

I used to rip up A LOT of the same people on my commute daily & as I was selling it REALLY locally I thought i'd photoshop them out. Who wants a car driven thats been driven like its stolen daily?
They were there when I got it.
Boot sticker was Rusteze from Cars Movie - joke as the car was a rot box.

Oush so the ESP's a fucking retard - I knew exactly how hard, when & where to push the P1 - The p2 - well its much brisker and smoother power delivery but cornering is... well odd - when I put my foot down I want power not a CPU going - erm erm erm erm OK lets put it down! & the brake judder (ABS interference?) is pronounced - could be warped I suppose.

Its a dream to be fair but whats with the roof aerial at the front? The P1 was rear mount - looked better - i'd move it but worry the satnav will get confused?
NO 6 disc?
Mirrors make an awful SNAP sound when pushed in
MPG computer says 38,4 MPG even after 60 miles on motorway - at 80mph :) done around 450 miles on a tank.
otherwise beyond these niggles its great - a real Street Sleeper.

Yup ESP sucks, climate control and audio sucks, and yeah ariel is weird where it is on p2.

Response or lack of, is probably combination of DMF and spongy rear engine mount. Have a think about at least changing the latter.

Also is the EGR clean, intake manifold clean (both related), air filter clean, fuel filter changed in the last year? All help.

-phone-

Yup ESP sucks, climate control and audio sucks, and yeah ariel is weird where it is on p2.

Response or lack of, is probably combination of DMF and spongy rear engine mount. Have a think about at least changing the latter.

Also is the EGR clean, intake manifold clean (both related), air filter clean, fuel filter changed in the last year? All help.

-phone-

Thanks - the pick up is better than the P1 just not as laggy - more smooth - Just decat'd the Pug 307 1.6hdi (family trolley) locally for £270 inc MOT so may do this on the Almera. Had DMF on the Pug to so no stranger to listening for this...
EGR cleaner i've looked into after reading your thread > Wynns OK?- dont fancy stripping bolts :( do I need a new gasket before I begin? Can I just blast it down the air intake (after removing fitler of course) or do I have to start breaking down.
Service coming end of the month.
Can I ascertain if the rear mount is damaged easily? Their doesnt appear to be much I could see.
It is a bit lumpy when cold 1st thing in the mornings? Assumed ok -

New images of the car now uploaded - a virgin waiting to be mauled!

Attachments

• FRONT 55 PLATE P2 N16.jpg
    FRONT 55 PLATE P2 N16.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 8
  • FRONT low 55 PLATE P2 N16.jpg
    FRONT low 55 PLATE P2 N16.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 8
  • FRONT2 55 PLATE P2 N16.jpg
    FRONT2 55 PLATE P2 N16.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 8
When I had a full custom turbo-back exhaust done (so technically de-CAT too) it made a huge difference to response and refinement. Way more forgiving in higher gears too. If you're willing to spend the money on modifications to improve the car then yes go ahead and get a better exhaust. a 'de-CAT' on these cars is not as simple as most. See here, it comes straight off the turbo and is essentially the down pipe too - http://nissan4u.com/parts/almera_uk...pe_33/exhaust_and_cooling/catalyst_converter/

Wynns is good yes, as pointed out in one of pages linked to via the N16 Forum Resources. Any knowledge I have I try and put there, so a quick search will find what you need, especially for paid members.

Rear mount is hard to see in situ.

When I had a full custom turbo-back exhaust done (so technically de-CAT too) it made a huge difference to response and refinement. Way more forgiving in higher gears too. If you're willing to spend the money on modifications to improve the car then yes go ahead and get a better exhaust. a 'de-CAT' on these cars is not as simple as most. See here, it comes straight off the turbo and is essentially the down pipe too - http://nissan4u.com/parts/almera_uk...pe_33/exhaust_and_cooling/catalyst_converter/

Oush - so this is an active CAT then, regen'd by heat & a little over squirt of diesel post combustion to help it along. The Pug was passive regen'd by spraying liquid gold (should be for the price I paid last year for 1L) from a storage tank half way along - easy to replace as its a cat in centre section.
So whipping it out & smashing it through is NOT the right way to Decat this engine then?
I want more power, the garage that sorted the Pug could do a quick remap for £250 & eek out the following changes:
136 bhp - 160 bhp , 304 - 354nm torque plus a bit more MPG - This sounded reasonable to me.
Of all your mods, if you had to do it again - (after brakes & service) the golden question is; What would you do 1st?

Wynns is good yes, as pointed out in one of pages linked to via the N16 Forum Resources. Any knowledge I have I try and put there, so a quick search will find what you need, especially for paid members.

Rear mount is hard to see in situ.

OK signing on the line & getting fully signed up membership - "gushing like a girl"

Oush - so this is an active CAT then, regen'd by heat & a little over squirt of diesel post combustion to help it along. The Pug was passive regen'd by spraying liquid gold (should be for the price I paid last year for 1L) from a storage tank half way along - easy to replace as its a cat in centre section.
So whipping it out & smashing it through is NOT the right way to Decat this engine then?
I want more power, the garage that sorted the Pug could do a quick remap for £250 & eek out the following changes:
136 bhp - 160 bhp , 304 - 354nm torque plus a bit more MPG - This sounded reasonable to me.
Of all your mods, if you had to do it again - (after brakes & service) the golden question is; What would you do 1st?

No you're thinking of a DPF. This is just a straight forward CAT. It's just it's location I'm talking about, making it tricky to physically get in there and swap it out for custom. But if you're just going to take it off and gut then yeah go right ahead!

Hybrid Turbo first. Do that and a remap and it's 165bhp easy. Maybe more with de-CAT and filter.

don't forget fcd if remap gonna do more then just a fueling stuff. And without boost increase 160bhp isn't happening for sure. Some advertise gains around 160bhp, there's a tuning box with pretty similar numbers I believe, but all that's just on theory based on the manufacturers numbers, which I believe isn't very accurate especially talking about the torque.

Don't believe those numbers from tuning boxes. Total guess work and no testing or dynos.

You can up boost with a remap from RS Tuning to about 1.45bar (you can do 1.5bar but it will trigger fuel cut easily with no margin for error). It's when you want to go higher than that you need the FCD.

have you done that without a fcd? How more often fuel cut engaged? If stock map sometimes hit 1.5bat mark there's not that much to play with (boost wise), as I understand they map it to hit more boost earlier or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom