Nissan,but non Almera owner (so far...)

Hi all,
Greetings from Bulgaria.
I want to show you my car.
I know, it is not Almera,but anyway ;) .
Here it is :
98' P11 GT
dsc4390resized.jpg

AP suspension
S14 steering wheel
MOMO Combat EVO Silver Shift Knob :
img4937jx.jpg

(actually JDM P11 SR20VE has the same one :) ...)
13042012797.jpg

Remus sport exhaust 92x78 mm
6070970501.jpg

And installed :
dsc43952edit.jpg

Currently I intend to go SR20DE+T.
Lot of parts I already bought :
Garrett TB2804 (from Pulsar)
Pulsar turbo manifold and J-pipe
S14 SR20DET pistons and rods
S14 370cc injectors
SR20VE oil squirters
P10 95 SR20DE low port intake manifold or order to use the side feed injectors.

I believe there are member here with modified SR20DE + T and any info will be helpful to me :)

Regards,
skydiver

Welcome along. There are quite a few people who have fitted a turbo. Usually done with stock internals up to 260bhp (some a bit more). If you want 300bhp upwards then you should probably change the rods and pistons. It can be done fairly cheaply

Welcome along. There are quite a few people who have fitted a turbo. Usually done with stock internals up to 260bhp (some a bit more). If you want 300bhp upwards then you should probably change the rods and pistons. It can be done fairly cheaply

Thanks! :)
I've already got S14 rods and pistons, they can handle maybe more than 350 bhp, but I will start with ~ 270-280 bhp.
I cant decide which clutch to get - Clutchmaster,ACT, Spec,Exedy, F1,....?

Ivw been recommended an ACT for my build by 2 members that have had/have dealings with boosting our engines

....phone....

I have an act clutch in my turbo... Would get another one any day.

My mera is producing in the region on 255-270 bhp currently... Need to get it dynod :)

That gear shifter looks a bit like a ball bag upside down....

Clean car otherwise, best of luck with the turbo build

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

That gear shifter looks a bit like a ball bag upside down....

Clean car otherwise, best of luck with the turbo build

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you guys!
@Sam - the engine is in perfect condition, under 100k miles,(240km\h on the highway ) but I was (and I'm still )not sure which it the safe boost for stock internals - maybe 0.4-0.5 bar.I know it'll cost me more time and $ to rebuild the engine,but I've already decided.
Maybe when I reduce the CR to ~8,7:1 (because of the smaller RR combustion chamber and DET pistons )the engine will lose some power before the boost, but like we say here in Bulgaria (excuse me for translate if is not the correct one ) - there is no complete happiness...
@FOSSIL FUELS - my target is almost the same.Good words for ACT, I'll keep in mind...
I'll try to keep this thread updated with the progress.
The target is to have the car running maybe in the summer of 2014.

You can safely run 10PSI (0.7 bar) on stock internals. The compression ratio should drop loads with DET pistons but will be safer in the long run. There have been people running 300bhp + on stock internals with good mapping. Not bad for a 10.5:1 boosted motor.

I make ~45-50k km per year, good mpg, the car is equipped with LPG system.
Even it is already 17 years old,I don't think I'll replace it in the next 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Hi guys!

As I told you, I intend to install oil sqirters on my SR20DE RR engine.
And I expect some oil pressure drop ...
Does anyone know more about SR20DE RR oil pump?
I can get a S14 SR20DET oil pump but it will fit, or just to take RNN14 oil pump or SR16VE oil pump?
Is there a big difference in the pressure between stock RR and S14 SR20DET oil pumps, for RNN14 and SR16VE is known .
I could save some bucks ,if S14 SR20DET will fit.
Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom