Noooo the dreaded wheel arch rust!

jedi

AOC Trader
Completly gutted! Ad a load of bodywork done on my car about 3 months ago but didnt touch the rear arches because there was no probs wit em at all at the time.

A m8 of mine who works in a garage always rips it out of my love for Almera's because he always says that everyone he's ever seen has rusty wheel arches because of poor original bodywork. Having had two Almera's before i have never, ever had any problems with any wheel arch rust at all and always tell him he's talking rubbish.

Anyway on returning to my car in the Car park at B&Q last week i was gutted to notice both rear wheel arches have bubbled up rele badly! Cant believe it because i had cleaned it the previous week with no obvious signs of rusting and in the space of just over a week its come up pretty bad! I duno maybe its cos i only use my car a few times a month and its the sitting on the drive that does it?

One things for sure i'll have to get it done quick cos it rele is spreading fast!

It's being a Nissan that does it lol, they all do. In Japan there's no salt on the roads to rot everything so they don't stand up to it well, if you're keeping the car, fix it (properly) and underseal it and it'll be fine :)

hate to say it, but you'll have to check your rear inner arches as well, pull the carpet away from the seat belt units in the sides of the boot and check round there.....

yep ill have to agree there, although the rear of my car is really sound in/outside the arches, within a space of about 1 1/2 weeks a 1" strip of rust has come up on the front passenger arch!! it the only bit of rust on the car, i wept when i saw it! :(

thanks lads i'll give that a check- if i dare even look at it! Dammit if its not some ponse in a tesco car park ramming a trolley into your car its the bloody english weather the ruins your pride and joy!

The only way to stop it is regular jet washing under the arches, and adding extra undersealing.

Mine did that. Mint at JAE then rusty rear srches 2 weeks later. Do exactly as Rowdy says, Jetwash then underseal.

Not an N15, but still relevant. My N16 has just developed a small spot on one of the rear wheel arches. I clean the inner lip of the wheel arch every time i wash the car, and i have now painted the inside of it liberally cavity wax and underseal. You will never stop it though. Once its there, its there to stay. You can keep it under control to an extent, but to get rid of it totally, you'd have to cut it out probably.

Back
Top Bottom