One off Almera gti on pistonheads £3,250

unless the "racing gearbox" was over 10 grand, i dont see how he has spent 15k on it!

utter dreamer.

Tool said:
Last dyno reading was 194BHP

Bollocks.

what a pile of shit.. anyone who list plug leads as a mod then simply puts chipped and "race gearbox"

phase 2 BODAY kit maybe thats the company that make the front splitter..

194BHP aswell i really want to see that RR print out..

I know this car..

It was built by a guy called Dave Madders who was one of the first members of the Almera Owners Club. He's a sound guy so i've no reason to doubt that the add is more or less genuine. He bought the Gti BRAND NEW! and I met him at the first ever AOC meet at JAE in 2002. So i've no reason to doubt that this guy who is selling it really is the second owner of the car.

Dave Madders fell ill after a car meet it my have been JAE 2003 I can't remember but I do remember people saying that he'd said he felt poorly at the show and i'd spoken to him.

Anyway apparently he had a stroke or a blood clot in his brain and as a result was paralysed for a while and had to learn to walk again. Forgive me if i'm wrong but he was gravely ill. If this guy selling the car knows him it would be nice to see how Madders is because he was a really genuinely nice guy and I hope he's recovered now. Years ago he came on the forum to say he was recovering very slowly but that was a long time ago.

So please don't slate his car because he put a lot into it and I knew he couldn't drive it after he'd had the stroke and one of the things he said is that he hoped he could drive it again one day. :mad:

I had the same sort of bumper on my very first P1 Black GTi back in '04

Looked nice at the time but wouldn't do it again

I know this car..

It was built by a guy called Dave Madders who was one of the first members of the Almera Owners Club. He's a sound guy so i've no reason to doubt that the add is more or less genuine. He bought the Gti BRAND NEW! and I met him at the first ever AOC meet at JAE in 2002. So i've no reason to doubt that this guy who is selling it really is the second owner of the car.

Dave Madders fell ill after a car meet it my have been JAE 2003 I can't remember but I do remember people saying that he'd said he felt poorly at the show and i'd spoken to him.

Anyway apparently he had a stroke or a blood clot in his brain and as a result was paralysed for a while and had to learn to walk again. Forgive me if i'm wrong but he was gravely ill. If this guy selling the car knows him it would be nice to see how Madders is because he was a really genuinely nice guy and I hope he's recovered now. Years ago he came on the forum to say he was recovering very slowly but that was a long time ago.

So please don't slate his car because he put a lot into it and I knew he couldn't drive it after he'd had the stroke and one of the things he said is that he hoped he could drive it again one day. :mad:

thats the one, knew one of the old skool guys on here would remember...not sure how Dave, is he was a top bloke....was a mega shock at the time to hear of the illness he suffered...

and that Hotshot header was bought in the first GB for hotshot headers I done yonks ago... his car at the time was a top mota well modded etc...hence I knew I'd seen that paint work from somewhere...

might email the guy on PH and see if he knows how Dave is

Don't like the paintjob very much but that's just personal choice. As for 194 bhp, if it's a flywheel reading then that's perfectly possible as it's only 160'ish at the wheels.

I know this car..

dude im sure if dave saw the advert he would be seriously F'd off.. the car may be nice but the advert does it no justice what so ever..

i think it would be nice to get him back on the site get in touch with him.. then show him the advert. :(

i want to know what this racing gearbox is ect thats the reasson people are slatting it the advert is written by a complete bell end and the car is seriously over priced....

Sorry Corbs no offence intended, plus you weren't to know. It's just an unusual looking car to someone who's never seen it before. ;)

We had a get well soon thread on the site for him after he fell ill. He came on and said he was getting better although very slowly.

I've got a feeling it may have had a VZ-R box fitted, can't remember as it was a long time ago. It also used to have a personalised plate M400ERS (Madders)

Dave's car was possibly the first Almeras to be cammed. I went to a meet and he let a few of us drive it just after they'd been fitted. As Rag20 said he was also in his group buy for the Hotshot header. I had one too on my old Gti, now Simcards Gti.:)

Those pipe cams must be SERIOUSLY aggresive to make 194bhp without any other listed headwork.

"Racing gearbox"
"Racing clutch"

wtf? Who lists "one off" and doesn't try to get some sources etc in there?

I don't give a shit who it belonged to before, the mongo selling it now clearly doesn't have a clue.

as I mentioned in me previous post about emailing the sellar, I did and finally got reply back from him today, he mentioned sadly Dave has passed away, didn't say how long ago, did mention that he will get back in touch again...

far as I know he is one of Dave's close mates, so prolly why he has the car and is selling it...will reply back if and when I get any more info...

Aye, crap that. I remember Madders when I first joined, I think he was ill at the time, never met the bloke though but I remember everyone on here was worried about him.

RIP

There are so many things wrong with that advert. Those are phase 1 side skirts. The splitter is a nismo one like 'N15...' has on his N1. AS the car is going to be good, this advert really needs to be fixed. Ian's right, it does it no justice what so ever.

Very sad news G :(

Back
Top Bottom