Oops ive blown my sub!

H

hellra1ser2k

...lookin at new ones now and wanting to spend not more than £100 really.

currently looking at this - can someone take a look and tell me if its any good plzzzzzzzzz :D

planning to run on this amp - which i already i have (so careful what you say about it lol).

cheers

dan

I've got 2 12" Rockford HE Subs (200W RMS)

I've got only praise for them.

My opinion though.

got a good deal on a perfect 12VQ so got one of them instead - still running it in but DAMN its cool :D (not to mention REALLY fecking heavy)

perfectvq.bmp

dan

id go with the rockford fosgate for its dual coilness. but that site doesnt make it clear how much power ure amp is giving in 1channel 2ohm mode.

Rockford Fosgate

The entry level 'punch' series of fosgate doesn't really compare to the better ranges of rockford sub. This said, even the expensive rockford stuff doesn't compare to some of its competitors.

I would love to make a point here, your sound is only as good as your source. I looked at many options and the greatest improvement i found was to purchase a nakamichi head unit. The CD player has a 24 bit DAC, whilst neither alpine, sony or pioneer extend further than a 1 bit DAC. Plus 4 5V pre-outs, 'nuff said'

yeah i wouldnt buy RF either but he is on a budget.

whats DAC

DAC = Digital Audio Converter

It's the bit that converts the digital info on a CD into an audio signal that plays through your speakers. Higher the bit read, the better.

Good quality home hi fi stuff has separate CD transports (the bit that holds and plays the CD) and separate DAC. It keeps all the circuitry separate to reduce interference and improve sound quality.

Agreed, you're better off spending your money on a better head unit and nakamichi is pretty good stuff but can get a little expensive.....

Back
Top Bottom