P2 centre console removal

Does anyone know how to remove the non sat nav centre console fascia?

Does it just clip on, or are there screws hidden somewhere, like on the GTi?

I`ve taken the CD holder out of the bottom DIN hole in the GTi & want to put it in the N16, but need to find out how to take the suround off.

Thanks

Don't know how close it is to the P1 but my 2000 N16 the plot was..

1) Pull lower surround off (around bottom DIN/Ashtray, just pulls toward rear of car)
2) Pull top sat-nav/storage box/air vent bit off (pulls towards rear of car, watch hazard light switch wiring)
3) Unscrew 6 screws around central DIN/switch fascia and pull out.

Pretty straightforward but again not sure of differences between P1 and P2 but if steps 1 and 2 are the same it will only take a second or two to find out.

Thanks mate,

But unfortunately, the P2 is nothing like the P1. :(

You`ve got a removable H/U, mine`s built into the air con/climate control system (2 knobs & 6 buttons that switch between the radio, CD, & climate control).

Where you`ve got the tray with the lid on the top of the dash, I`ve got the screen for the A/C, radio, clock, mpg readout & various other things, & it looks to be 1 unit (like the GTi) but I don`t know if the silver dial/button surround has to come off first, or if the whole thing comes off together.

I would`ve taken pics, but my camera needs new batteries! :mad:

I'm sure you have to take the lower bit off and that reveals 2 screws. I'm sure the top half is just clipped in.

Sorry Rick, you`re wrong. :(

I`ve just been out to have a look, & it`s one piece, so I think the silver bit have to come out first, to uncover the screws that hold the rest on.

If anyone knows for certain, I`d apprciate it, as I don`t want to break it, by trying to pull summat that`s not meant to come off!

Camera has new batteries :) so here`s a few pics.

N16pics003.jpg

N16pics004.jpg

N16pics002.jpg

Take the bottom bit off, where the curry hook is. The stereo fascia is part off the console. I'm still sure the top part is just clipped in.

The Bottom bit where the hook it pulls off there are 2 screws and then after that the whole thing should pull off then there are cables behind the for the buttons on the front

Ah, thanks guys.

Sorry Rick, misunderstood what you were on about! :O

Shall give it a go this weekend!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom