Painting Alloys

Hey All,
Have my original set of Alloys that came with the car sitting in my garage. Now, my thinking is that they would look very cool in black. Does anyone have any experience in painting alloys? They are currently the standard silver ones as per:

Almera22di.jpg

(not mine)

Thanks

There is a guy in Tallaght who powder coats them to any colour you want, they look the business. I dunno how expensive he'd be but I could find his number for you if you were interested?

Just prep them and spray them like anything else. Take out any kerbing with a file/80 grit, or in the case of dinks use a decent filler (the loctite one is great for wheels) take out any sanding marks with 240grit, prep up with 500 dry prime paint and laquer.

Is possible to do with spray cans quite easily.

Its probably worth getting them powder coated for the hastle, average is about £20 a wheel and the coating is pretty hard wearing

There is a guy in Tallaght who powder coats them to any colour you want, they look the business. I dunno how expensive he'd be but I could find his number for you if you were interested?

Hey Eire, if you have his number it would be fantastic. Is he the fella with his own oven for spraying cars too?

I dunno if he sprays cars too, he advertises in Modified Motors magazine. His number is 01 4564020. The company is Tallaght Powder coating based near the walkinstown roundabout, I've only seen adverts though so I dunno how good he is....

Back
Top Bottom