pcd offset and other stuff i dont understand!

I

iKon82

wen u guys are talkin about wheel dimentions i keep readin pcd is 4x100 and centre bores of 59... can someone plz xplain what all this means as if seen some lenso alloys i really want, but would like to know what im talkin about when it comes to fitment as i dont wonna buy somethin that wont fit!

pcd is the distance between the stud holes on the wheel (can`t remember the correct term for pcd) but that is what it is.

et35-42 is the offset measurement for the almera, basically if the et is anything between 35 and 42 then it will be ok.

the centre bore is 59mm, this is the hole in the middle of the wheel that locates over the centre hub, but you can fit various centre bore sizes using spiggots. spiggots are the rings that fit inside the centre bore to make it the correct size, there are various sizes for obvious reasons.

hope this helps you out m8, oh and lenso..... good choice of wheel m8.

Thanks hopper, been a great help, will have to get on the fone tomorrow and hopefully get some ordered, not seen wheels as nice for a long time

A bit more technical explanation for you....

PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) is as Glenn said....the distance between the studs. Imagine a circle going through the centre of each stud, that is the circle diameter...

D143_4PCD.gif

Offset is the distance between the centreline of the wheel and the mounting flange of the wheel. A positive offset means the mounting flange is positioned towards the outside of the wheel, a negative offset means the flange is towards the inside of the wheel (usually RWD).....

offset.jpg

sweet, thanks for the help, shouldnt look like an arse now when i go in the shop!!

Hey.

Does anyone have picture of car with 17 or 18 inch alloys with 42 offset.
I will be happy to see that kind Almera. :lol:

maako said:
Hey.

Does anyone have picture of car with 17 or 18 inch alloys with 42 offset.
I will be happy to see that kind Almera. :lol:

why is it an awkward fit cuz the wheels im plannin on usin are a 42 offset?

What would happen if the offset was wrong? Would they just not fit?

Might be getting some that was gonna go on Nova which is 42-45 so if its 42 its ok but if its out, will it not fit? Simple as?

N15 offset is 40mm. what happens if you have a offset of say, around 10mm? your wheels will stick out past the arches, and you will wear your bearings out quickly.if you have something like a vauxhall offset like 49mm, then the wheels will sit further in the arches, bearings will wear out quicker, just not as quick as the 10mm ones. the further away from the standard offset, the more you will wear your bearings. the further in your arch they sit means more chance of fouling on the suspension and inner arches, further out they sit the more chance they will scrub your outer arches

Right got it! So will still fit but will cause more problems than its worth.

See if they are 42 then. Fingers crossed!!

you can get a high offset like a 49mm and use some hubcentric spacers to space the wheel out, for example, 49mm offset + a 10mm spacer = 41mm offset
but, people will argue, I dont like spacers, even hubcentric ones, my lass went from having the right offset wheels with toyo 195/45/16" tyres, to having the wrong offset wheels, fitted with hubcentric spacers making them the right offset, with exactly the same tyres, and I dont think the car feels right anymore, at higher speeds I get weird feedback through the steering wheel, like the car is lifting more, its like doing 140mph in mine, but only doing 110mph in hers

hhhmmm...could be worth thinking about but just found out that one of these 16s i was getting, one of the wheels is buckled so no better off at all!

There £60 for them so might be worth getting the single fixed.

Have to see, cheers for that, know where to buy the spacers anyway

Ok. so 42 offset will fit and wheels are not going too IN. I have seen that et 30 is optimal to N15. Wheels with 30 offset are ideal under Almera with 17" rims and don't stick anywhere. So what I'm thinking is that offset 42 might take contact when you turn fornt wheels full right or full left. That is the point what I'm geting for. Smaller offset than 30 does not fit under almera I have seen that or it will fit if you cut your fender. :D

Back
Top Bottom