pls help not even nissan know this

hi i have a 51 plate almera 1.5activ
i have had a new mass air flow sensor put on (a decent bosch one) thinking i would sort my problem, the car runs well but i have my management light on and the diagnostic computer comes up with i have a faulty air temp sensor which i cant find anywhere and nissan cant find the part in their system
has anyone had this problem and does anyone know if its built into the MAF?

thanks in advance

im not sure it was a hand held computer that plugged in somewhere in my footwell it was tried on 2 settings (nissan and something else cant remember what they said) but it came up with air temp sensor
the light was cleared and stays off until the engine is turned off then when i start it again it comes on again.
thanks

Good evening. As you say you've got a 51 plate, this is a phase 1. The phase 1s have the air temperature sensor in the pipe that connects the resonator box to the airbox. Look down to the left handside of the air box, you should see a pipe going into it. The air temp sensor should be in this pipe!

The phase 2s had the sensor built into the MAF.

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: RIGHTHAND SIDE OF THE AIR BOX---NOT THE LEFT SIDE!!!

it is a phase 2 i think. its an n16 (the bigger more rounded model as opposed to the s plate shaped almera
its the new shape same as the 54 plates ive looked everywhere for the part and its not listed anywhere
but if you say its in the MAF ill have to return it and get a new one
thanks for the help

You MIGHT have the wrong maf. There both identical as far as i know just one has the temp sensor hense why your car runs but your temp sensor isnt there :) I may be wrong but from what ive seen they are both the same. It may have just been a mix up hehe

You MIGHT have the wrong maf. There both identical as far as i know just one has the temp sensor hense why your car runs but your temp sensor isnt there :) I may be wrong but from what ive seen they are both the same. It may have just been a mix up hehe

i didnt think of that thanks bud
i checked the part numbers from the old to the new MAF and they where the same also it does look like the old one but as you say they look identical so just have to hope this is the problem

only had the car a week and its giving me headaches already lol not good:(

No mate, you have a phase 1 N16 chassis. Phase 1 ran from 2000-2002 and phase 2 ran from 2002-2006.

As said in my first post, the air temp sensor will be in the pipe going into the airbox on the right hand side.

Ah yes! Admad were your airbox is on the right side of it theres a pipe heading down into the chassis on that is a wire coming out with a grey and green clip thingy. THAT will be your temp sensor :) If you still cant find it i will go outside and take a picture for you off my car as i have a 2000 Plate Phase 1. :)

No dude, the MAF is between the airbox and the intake manifold (on the lefthand side of the air box). The air temp sensor for the third and final time is in the pipe going into the airbox, on the RIGHT HAND SIDE!

ill go and check now also where can i find one of these because ive searched IAT, air sensor, air temp sensor, intake sensor etc etc and ill i find is a MAF

Lol liam! Its pretty easy to spot its big grey and green same sorta connector thats connecting onto your coilpacks. and pretty much everything in the engine bay. Hmm i havent a clue never needed to search for one

Dave this sensor is what you were asking about for your k+n kit.

Im sorry but a mechanic cant find it then theres no hope :lol:

Ye i know :) The one that popped into the end hehe! I know that and were it is xD

Maybe the mechanic has a fetish for sensors and robbed it? You never know...

well i checked the pipe your on about theres nothing on it i felt all around to make sure i didnt miss it its in a well light garage so could see fine anyway
is it inside the airbox?

also found this which was posted on this site and it suggest its in the maf,
There are two 1.5 N16 airbox setups, one has the temp sensor in the pipe that goes from the wing into the airbox, the other has the temp sensor combined with the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) in the pipe coming out of the airbox (engine side).

Just go and take a photo of it and post it here please....saves trying to explain it over and over :)

Dont worry heres the sensor bottom right corner! That green thing is the sensor :)

SANY0696.jpg

I circled it for you

thanks just double checked thats not the same as mine
i checked theres definately no hole or anything for the sensor to go into also my pipes different it has an intake hole facing forwards near the grill and a pipe that goes down slightly under it and curls back up to the main part of the pipe

Back
Top Bottom