Powerland ecu info help??

Hi looking for some info on a powerland ecu?? Put it in and sounds like theirs a rattle when put the foot to the floor down around 1500 to 2500 rpm can't seam to get it going right .. Put back in the orgional ecu and no problem.. Do I need to change the plugs or advance the timing?? It's just like when it's under pressure its overfueling or something Need help any info on this would be brilliant .. Love to get it working as it's a cool peace of kit

That rattle is probably det, iirc you need to retard the timing with a powerland.

I tought it was to be advanced around 5 or 10 degrees ?? Gonna get new plugs and see? I can't figure it out as I never did an ecu change in it it's only when the powerland ecu is in that rattle is their it's the same sound as when the timing is out and u rev it and u hear the tappids rattle .. Anyone down around cork that knows the running of them and could help me out I'd appreachat it

There are no tappets in an SR engine. The noise you are hearing is detonation.

I would sack off the idea and keep the stock ECU.

If you have driven it for any period of time or hard at all you have likely damaged the pistons and the head.

As said....mine always did it.
But retarding timing and dcent petrol helped.

Time getting it mapped he said wide band waa reading fine and safe

I know theirs no tappets just giving u an idea of the sound I was hearing .. The powerland was only in it for a day and took it out again.. I didn't do much messing with it I just what I can do to get rid of that noise and run the powerland as it's a nice bit of kit ! What woul u do d turbo?

Back
Top Bottom