ps2 and tv

N

nismo

just bought a tv for my car going to put ps2 in glove box any 1 no what else i need to fit ps2 in like how do i power it do i just get a power converter anyone no also will i need any other leads any info much appreaciated cheers

nismo said:
just bought a tv for my car going to put ps2 in glove box any 1 no what else i need to fit ps2 in like how do i power it do i just get a power converter anyone no also will i need any other leads any info much appreaciated cheers

Yip you'll need a power inverter, an FM modulator to get sound through your stereo (unless you have an AUX in port)

That's about it really.

Oh and a PS2 wont fit in the glove box. (I tried)

ok, depending on the TV, you can either use "S-Video" or, i think its called "RGB - Red Green Blue) or composite (i aint up on these names)
for mine i use a a mini jack to RCA.
you have 3 out puts on the PS2 (Yellow, Red and White)
yellow is video, Red and White are left and right audio
for power, you'll need a 12v to 230v convertor. There are cheap ones and expensive ones (cheap crap, expensive good) (£40 - 110)
for audio, there's 2 options. if you have pioneer and your cd player supports AUX (auxilary) you'll need the CD-RB10<-----(if you dont have a multi disc changer) CD-RB20 if you do
kenwood - CAD-AUXKEN
Alpine - ALP-KCM122B
not sure about sony :eek:
if not, you can get something called an FM Modualtor. With this you tune your radio to..........88.1 i think, then the sound from the PS2 comes through your stereo<-----(not the best of sound quality) I'd go for the proper AUX cable for your stereo
plug it all in, and away you go
i'd do all this whilst everything is out, dont start feeding cables behind the dash so its all nice and neat, cause it might not work, you might have to do a bit of fidling. Once its all go, then start putting it in nicely

Back
Top Bottom