PULSAR VZR PROJECT

:vvl:

The time has come folks i have the engine parts and now the car. But before anything else the car needs some tlc. iv spent the last 2 evenings removing the chav crap out of it. Anyway heres a few bad pictures for now.

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

And heres some of the stuff i have already removed,

DSC00262.jpg

there's more where this came from but the cars a lot cleaner now. I have to go to the scrappys Saturday need a few bits such as a boot pull cable a new radio fascia few random screws and bolts to tighten the car up a bit.

dynoed @156bhp with the timing off,then fitted a 5ziegen pro racer exhaust, sounds like heaven loud heaven but heaven all the same

DSC00300.jpg

fitted gti alloys, standard wheels FTW, 195 55 15 they hold the road far better than the 215 45 17 on the old 5 ziegen alloys

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

fitted a sunglasses holder to my pulsar, serviced it, put on nice steel wheel nuts, new plastic cover for the interior light, and a new bracket for the radiator expansion bottle.

just removed the front tints

DSC00306.jpg

good to see someone that cares has gotten hold of it

is that pitting/corrosion on the wheels?
and what is that engine bay covered in?

good to see someone that cares has gotten hold of it

is that pitting/corrosion on the wheels?
and what is that engine bay covered in?

yes beautiful 5 ziegen wheels ruined altogether engine was covered in all kinds of muck and dirt. only gave it a quick wipe.i wont stop until its at least this nice

115.jpg

588221533a5545253721l.jpg

have 2.0 crank and rods and a n1 head waiting to go in, already has fuji mani, decat nismo catback, n1 intake, nismo short shifter, hks mushroom of death->going custom airbox asap.

God the engine bay is in a bad state of affairs.... That's an n1 inlet on it too BTW.

5zigen wheels were like that coming from martin I remember the day bryan bought it...and a lot of others said the paint flaked on theirs too i'd bin em for 15's!

I had the best crack in that car ever!

I would be inclined to get rid of the cat back too man if you can the pipe work is rotten on it!

here is a little list

Exhaust was poor enough plenty of corrosion on it,
Both rear quaters were very slighty rippled if you looked down the side of it,
the rear spllitter was cracked just above the exhaust,
one of the front indicators had a slight splinter at the top of it,
It had one or two stone chips,
The drivers door used catch the front skirt ever so slightly,
The rear of the car had started to rust pull down the boot carpet on the left and right hand side and you shall see,
Coilovers damping couldn't be adjusted

Interior:
There were a few tell tale wacky tabacci rocks on the drivers seat,
I dyed the mats black,
interior light has a slight crack on the plastic cover,
gauges weren't wired,
and from someone changing the bulb there was a corner of a finger print to be seen inside the clock face on the temperature gauge side,

Wheels:
One had a slight buckle and really the rest needed a repaint,

Mechanically:

The car was absolutly spot on it had a sticking caliper but poc sorted that, timing chain rattled on start up but they all do,,

Just prior to selling I fitted new front pads,
2x wishbones,
2x droplinks,
2x anti roll bar bushings,
2x cv joint,
passanger side driver shaft,
4 x cv boots,
2x front wheel bearings,
full serviced the day before handing it over,

God the engine bay is in a bad state of affairs.... That's an n1 inlet on it too BTW.

5zigen wheels were like that coming from martin I remember the day bryan bought it...and a lot of others said the paint flaked on theirs too i'd bin em for 15's!

I had the best crack in that car ever!

I would be inclined to get rid of the cat back too man if you can the pipe work is rotten on it!

here is a little list

Exhaust was poor enough plenty of corrosion on it,----can be fixed no problem
Both rear quaters were very slighty rippled if you looked down the side of it,---respray coming eventually
the rear spllitter was cracked just above the exhaust,----no splitter now
one of the front indicators had a slight splinter at the top of it,----buth full of moisture
It had one or two stone chips,----several million
The drivers door used catch the front skirt ever so slightly,----catches heavily+skirt is broken
The rear of the car had started to rust pull down the boot carpet on the left and right hand side and you shall see,----only surface
Coilovers damping couldn't be adjusted

Interior:
There were a few tell tale wacky tabacci rocks on the drivers seat,----millions
I dyed the mats black,----weird red now
interior light has a slight crack on the plastic cover,----i slightly enlarged crack
gauges weren't wired,----guages are gone
and from someone changing the bulb there was a corner of a finger print to be seen inside the clock face on the temperature gauge side,

Wheels:
One had a slight buckle and really the rest needed a repaint,

Mechanically:

The car was absolutly spot on it had a sticking caliper but poc sorted that, timing chain rattled on start up but they all do,,

Just prior to selling I fitted new front pads,
2x wishbones,
2x droplinks,
2x anti roll bar bushings,
2x cv joint,
passanger side driver shaft,
4 x cv boots,
2x front wheel bearings,
full serviced the day before handing it over,

might reshell it if i can find a clean body somewhere

It's quite a pity man because most was like that when I got it... I made sure she was mechanically ok first and was just about to send it in for a midnight purple respray when POC shoved the n1 under my nose and iit was so mint that I just had to take it. So gave him the 3.5k I was gonna spend on it for another car instead. I had huge plans for it but the exclusiveness of the n1 was too much to pass up. Hopefully she will come right.

well done damien, thats already some transformation!

are you gona relocate the front reg plate to the centre? i still think it looks naff on the side like that!!

must meet up with ya soon again!

well done damien, thats already some transformation!

are you gona relocate the front reg plate to the centre? i still think it looks naff on the side like that!!

must meet up with ya soon again!

yep when i get a new bumper, just ordered braided brake lines, and in negotiation for a gtir bonnet, have a phase 2 gti rear bumper being kept for me:cool:

Back
Top Bottom