Question For People With Components

Ok....just had a very fuckin scary moment in my car
driving along, had my system up as loud as it would go, driving along, looked down at my feet, and to me it looked like my fuckin footwell was on fire, the whole thing was glowing a fire color, so i thought SHIT! paused my stereo and went to get out, but as soon as i paused it, it stopped....i thought hmm
then i remembered my mate saying his tweeters used to glow when he had his system up loud, but it wasn't them, it wasn't the speaker, so the only thing i could think it would be, would be the actual crossover (cause its just below my fuse box)
anyone know of this problem, or if its meant to do it.....i'm guessing it aint meant to do it, but i just thought i'd ask
i thought i was gonna go up in flames :eek:

:confused:
i donno mate ... i've ot 2 sets of compos and nothing from them has managed to glow YET.(touch wood)
are you running the compos off your headunit or are they amplified mate?

amped with 50watt RMS
i had the music on for about 15 mins at full wack
i'm scared to turn it up now, just incase my leg catches on fire

Sounds like your retina detaching :p

Check your rear-view mirror - are your eyes bloodshot ?

:eek: think i just found out why they were glowing.......
BANG!!! 2 front MB Quart components........gone.......dead
:mad:

only had 50watt RMS going through them
the speakers were 60 watt RMS (hence "were") lol
probably just get higher wattage speakers next time

fcuking hell ... how loud were u playing ur compos mate??
turn the gain down a little next time i thinks =)

GRRRRRR i know why now.....
i was fiddling around with the settings, and something i pressed turned the HPF off e.i full bass running through the comps
not happy at all

u must have heard the sound difference mate?? =S=S
my advice .... go pick up a new headunit =D=D alpine 9835. i control the crossovers off the headunit so the head unit sends a signal down the rca that you've set. its good!

Coare GTi said:
GRRRRRR i know why now.....
i was fiddling around with the settings, and something i pressed turned the HPF off e.i full bass running through the comps
not happy at all

the cross overs on the amp and the actual cross overs should of stopped full bass to your comps, using the HPF on head units is shit, they dont work very well, thats why you have seperate cross overs that come with the comps,
a phineox gold tideq would of stopped that from happening though lol

Back
Top Bottom